The overall purpose of the job is to assess and mitigate risk by carrying out a comprehensive and quality credit risk function by analyzing the client’s business, financial statements, and management accounts in order to provide a recommendation on new accounts and existing accounts annually.
· Record new account information in the new accounts register within 3 hours of receipt of documents;
· Update new accounts register daily with the progress of the account;
· Have a discussion with a Commercial person to understand the requirements of the client;
· Review all the documents received – Business Application, STCs, company documents, and motivation;
· If STCs are amended, ensure legal has reviewed and given the go-ahead;
· Obtain the necessary credit bureau reports, trade references, and general research on the internet for the client;
· If Audited Financial Statements are received, prepare the necessary ratios on the Credit Report Assessment document;
· Visiting of clients as financials may need to be reviewed at the client premises;
· Process should be completed within 1 to 2 days, and then review with the GCM;
· If the risk is high, AFS and or guarantee is requested once discussed with the GCM;
· Ensure the monthly re-vett schedule is completed, and the necessary accounts are reviewed
For Existing Clients:
· The same process as new accounts is followed, but adding in the payment history over the last 6 months to a year depending on the payment terms;
· Meet with the individual division's GM’s/ Commercial teams weekly to understand what is coming on board and sort out any underlying issues;
· Once the account has been approved, create the client accounts on BOS, SAP, or CW inputting all client's correct information;
· Once opened on the system, all documents need to be uploaded to the Risk Share folder;
· Prepare internal and external letters notifying everyone of the account being opened;
· To ensure filing is up to date with all client’s applications and documents;
· Ensure POPI is followed;
· Carry out the duties of colleagues as requested by Management whilst the colleagues are on leave or during peak periods;
· Ensure that you know and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will need to be qualified with a degree.
BCom or BTech as well as Credit management 4 or 5
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link