We respect your privacy and take it very seriously. We are Junk Mail Publishing (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2011/001328/07), also known as Junk Mail and including Job Mail, Auto Mart, Truck & Trailer, AgriMag, and GotProperty, and this is our plan of action for the protection of your personal information. It describes how we collect, use, disclose, and store your personal information.
This policy applies to you when you visit our website, use our application, or order our goods or services as a customer.
3. Personal information
Scope. Your personal information includes information we collect:
- automatically when you visit our website or use our application;
- accept on registration or submission;
- get through an order; or
- you provide voluntarily; but
- excludes anonymous, de-identified, statistical, and public information.
- Your obligations. You may only send us your own personal information or someone else’s personal information if you have their permission to do so.
4. Acceptance and changes
- Acceptance. You may not order any of our goods or services if you do not accept this policy or any changes to it.
- Changes. We may change this policy at any time and will notify you of the changes on our website, through our application, or by email. The changed policy applies to you if you continue using our website, our application, or our goods or services following the notification.
Automatically. We collect your Internet usage information
automatically when you visit our website, including your IP address, browser details, and usage
information, which we may use to display our website correctly, track your activities on it, or
for other necessary purposes.
On registration or submission. We may ask you to provide us with certain
identifying information when you register on or otherwise submit information
through our website or application for the first time.
Through an order. We ask you to provide us certain
when you order our goods or services.
Voluntarily. We may ask you to provide us certain
on a voluntary basis.
Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your personal
information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
Purpose for collection. We may process your information that you provide
to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing
includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other
- Processing. We may process your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
- Cookies. We may place small text files on your device when you visit our website that allow us to provide you with a personalised experience by associating your personal information with your device. They let us remember your preferences, allow third parties to provide services to you, and otherwise serve useful purposes for you. Your internet browser generally accepts them automatically, but you can often change this setting or delete them manually. However, we won’t be able to provide you with access to certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary if you do so. We have no access to or control over any cookies that our business partners use on our website and they have their own privacy polices that govern them.
- Messages. We may use your identifying information to send you administrative and update messages about the website. We may also sometimes send you promotional messages, but [you may choose to opt-out of them | we will first send you one message asking you to opt-in and will not continue to send you promotional messages unless you have done so].
- Targeted content. We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted content on our website in a completely automated process.
Sharing. We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you, including with:
- other companies or divisions within our group;
- our contractors who help provide part of our goods or services; or
- third parties as required by applicable law.
- Honour this policy. We will require anyone that we share your personal information with to honour this policy whenever possible in terms of applicable law.
- Mandatory disclosure. We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons, such as to regulators as required by law or governmental audit, law enforcement as required by a subpoena or court order, or third parties as required by applicable law.
- Marketing purposes.. We may disclose aggregate statistical information that we have derived from your and other people’s personal information to our advertisers or business partners.
- Personnel. We may need to disclose personal information to our personnel to do their jobs, but will not do so unnecessarily.
- Change of ownership. We may assign our rights to the personal information we process to our new owners if our ownership changes for any reason.
- Accuracy. We will do our best to keep your personal information that we collect accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Participation. We may ask you to update your personal information from time to time or give you a way to review it, but will take steps to verify your identity to prevent unauthorised access when doing so.
- Retention. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, unless you have given us permission to keep it longer or we are otherwise legally allowed to do so.
- Transfer. We may transfer your personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country with less stringent data protection laws than the country in which it was collected.
- Updating or removing. You may update or remove your personal information through our website or application or by contacting us.
- Limitation. We are not responsible for anyone else’s privacy policies or practices.