- Oversee the overall operation of restaurants within an assigned territory or district, ensuring the various retail stores are running smoothly and that the stores meet their sales goals.
- Oversee the smooth day to day running of the restaurants in the assigned district
- Ensure execution of correct operational procedures at all restaurants
- · Stay tuned in with emerging trends that will affect the business
- · Demonstrate ownership and accountability by consistently improving restaurant operating standards and taking the necessary corrective action
- · Monitor restaurants’ performance and results
- · Coordinate the opening of new stores in respective area
- · Drives excellence in day-to-day operations of their assigned restaurants in the market. Will foster strong relationships and work closely with the Restaurant Managers to execute growth plans and achieve operating goals.
- · Establishes, maintains and coaches company vision, standards and culture while developing self-reliant, successful Restaurant Managers who operate fiscally sound restaurants.
- · Keeps the Area Manager informed of any competitive activity that is likely to affect the trading results of the restaurant.
- · Forecasts and schedules management and team member labor within budget.
- · Ensure tasks are only undertaken by those employees certified to perform them.
- · Trains and develops team members to meet the standards of performance required.
- · Monitors performance and implement corrective action where required.
- · Reports to the Area Manager any aspect of employee relations, customer service, attendance of and/or inspections by third parties that have or are likely to affect the operation of the restaurant.
- Grade 12 and tertiary equivalent education
Minimum Working Experience
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant)
- Understanding of restaurant profit & loss statements, food & paper cost calculations and other key drivers to what affects restaurant profitability
- Proven track record of working effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional, results-oriented team environment
- Technical Competencies/Knowledge (what must I know)
- Proficiency in English, Afrikaans and a third language would be advantageous
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Displays effective leadership skills
- Financial and analytical acumen
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)