Our client is seeking to employ a Registered Nurse Theatre qualified to work in the Medical Theatre as a Scrub Nurse or Anesthetics Nurse.
The private hospital is based in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape (south Africa).
The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies.
The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and /or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patients’ needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
Key work output and accountabilities
- To Audit of health records to ensure compliance;
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately;
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline;
- Practice patient care according to the scope of practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities;
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement;
- Communicate effectively with patients/relatives regarding their care;
- Provide and deliver evidence based nursing care;
- Effective risk prevention and management;
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards;
- Adhere to the company Resuscitation and Reanimation policy;
- Adhere to the company medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles;
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act;
- Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment, reporting faulty equipment;
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial;
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions;
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal;
- Keep up to date with the company evolving policies and procedures;
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development;
- Participate in unit quality improvement program;
- Perform other duties requested by unit manager.
- Must have the necessary nursing qualifications, Dip or Degree in nursing;
- Currently registered with the South African Nursing Council;
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification;
- Relevant 6 or 12 month Theatre Post Basic qualification.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience is essential
- Ability to work shifts
- Thorough knowledge of general/specialized nursing theory and practice
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in a highly specialized field
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to email@example.com for attention Gary.
Please view our website: www.letslink.co.za