Education: Degree/Diploma Experience: 3-4 years Reference: 6 January 2020. BH Job Description: Front-End Designer / Developer to join an experienced team.
As a key member of the team:
• This person should be proficient in HTML, CSS and able to juggle multiple priorities and be able to think outside the box. You will translate design documents into HTML5, CSS3 web entities and work with both the Design and Development Teams to make websites functional and match the designer's and client's expectation.
Duties And Responsibilities: • Code in HTML, CSS to create appealing responsive websites. • Experience in Bootstrap minimum Develop CMS templates used to layout the page. Troubleshoot coding errors • Work with design team to create and enhance user interfaces and marketing pages • Deliver progress updates to team lead and project managers • Supply detailed work estimates on a task-based level Performs other related duties as required by management • Aide in training and mentoring of new and junior staff • Reviews others code to ensure delivery of high-quality functionality and participate in an environment of learning • Participates with the development team and stakeholders to plan new features and provide best estimates allowing for team to optimize outcomes that provide the most value to the customer and the organization • Breaks down features into manageable stories to allow for easier coding, reviewing, testing and approval • Participates in retrospectives to gain knowledge and learning with the purpose to become a more effective team member and to build better teams and deliver continuing higher quality products Works independently with general supervision. • May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. • Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results. • Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments. • Communicates with contacts typically within the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement. • May work to influence parties within own job function at an operational level.
Requirements • 5+ years of experience: HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Ability to troubleshoot issues/bugs in their code
• Demonstrate skills in responsive design Experience with CSS Processors (Less, Sass) is a plus
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and communicate with both clients and team members in a professional and courteous manner
• Exceptional organizational skills manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Able to follow verbal and written directions/communications
• Highly adaptable
• Must have ability to work in a team environment
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Brooke on 031 350 4019 or alternatively you can visit our website www.goldmantech.co.za
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.