Our Client in Milnerton, Cape Town, has x4 permanent roles available for a Business Developer - junior to midlevel. This is in the IT Managed Services industry.
- Ideal candidates that should apply are candidates with Sales experience & Business Development with an aptitude for IT (with Information Technology knowledge)
- Open to all candidates with a valid South African ID (male or female).
- This is not a remote work opportunity. Candidates must be in the Western Cape, South Africa and willing to work nationally.
- Monday to Friday, 08h00 to 17h00.
- Compulsory to have your own transport (willingness to travel).
The successful Sales candidate will identify new opportunities via outbound sales efforts and operate as the main point of contact for assigned clients.
Successful candidates will facilitate the closing of deals and will work diligently to ensure clients receive requested products, services, and information in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and drives NEW BUSINESS relationships for the firm via outbound sales channels, specific to a MANAGED SERVICES PROVIDER
- Works with internal teams to identify ideal client profiles and generate a positive first impression of the client
- Develops a healthy relationship with stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Acts as liaison between clients and internal teams to ensure the deal is set, understood, and can be delivered with quality
- Develop target lists and solicit new opportunities
- Research / qualify all sales leads to determine potential of securing new business
- Work with key stakeholders to develop action plans for key customer accounts and targets
- Works diligently building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with each client to foster a long-term partnership between the business and external clients.
- Remain alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other service lines (upselling/cross selling)
- Enhance department and organisation's reputation by accepting ownership and exploring opportunities to add value to the client/employer partnership
- Responsible for working to onboard new clients, ensuring a smooth transition
- Actively attend networking events to form relationships with decision makers in the marketplace
- Adheres to defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality
- Knows and follows the rules, regulations, compliance, regulations, and other regulating bodies as appropriate.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Matric/Grade 12 (ideally with Mathematics as subject) - aptitude for numbers
- 3+ years of outbound, hunter, sales role within an IT Managed services industry/ICT with proven success in a consultative selling model
- Ideally between 23 and 35 years of age
- Have an IT technical background with good business insight
- Well versed in the English & Afrikaans languages
Experience with/knowledge of:
- Networking: Connectivity and Routing
- Telecoms: PBX and Voice
- Cybersecurity, IT Audits
- Ambitious self-starter, able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level (senior business partners)
- Self-motivated, resilient, determined, and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Willing to use resources/tools to maximize reach out efforts
- Ability to deliver client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to make the ask – outreach – cultivate cold contacts
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work.
- Problem solver
- Client Centric
- Organised and Structured
- Project Management experience not a necessity but advantageous
This permanent role offers a basic salary, with an attractive and uncapped earnings potential (commission).