My Client based in East Africa ( Uganda) is looking for a competent Security manager to organize and oversee all security operations of the company. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards.
As security manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
The Client will give preference to : Ugandan Nationals as well as East African Citizens ( Kenya , Tanzania etc ) and candidates from Southern Africa with the necessary credentials to fill this role.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security officers and guards
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- High school diploma; Further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset
The selected candidate will sign an initial contract for a period of 2 years, which would be renewable for further period(s) of 2 years each (on mutual understanding / agreement ). The Company expects the incumbent to look at this assignment as long-term engagement.
- Expatriate employees are remunerated in two parts: 1st part: Representing the expatriate’s net Salary is directly paid either in Uganda in US $ Dollars or a nominated offshore account and is tax free. This is negotiable at the time of interview and is fixed for two years. This salary is revised at the end of every two years at the time of contract renewal. Salary Band for this position: US$ ( as discussed still to be negotiated). Local Living Allowance: 2nd Part: Local Living Allowance (Based on Salary Banding Level for this position): A local allowance is paid which is taxable in Uganda. The balance after tax is adequate to meet normal living expenses of the family. Most expatriates can manage their local expenses within the allowance.
- Annual Gratuity - In addition to salary an Annual Gratuity is paid at the rate of one month’s external salary for each completed year of service. This is payable at the time of leaving the services of the Group
- National Social Security Fund: The company will contribute the full 15% (10% of employer and 5% of employee) of your external salary towards NSSF contributions till you attain the age of 55 years. This is payable when you attain 55 years or finally leave the company employment by NSSF authorities.
- Medical: You will be entitled for self and family Medical Insurance / reimbursement as well as Hospital Cover per company regulations and congruent to your Salary Band – this will be detailed to you at time of interview.
- Vehicle / Transportation : You will be provided with a company vehicle or transportation by the company. This will be discussed at interview.
- Working Tools – Provided by the company - Computer and all other necessary to carry out your working obligations , Mobile phone allowance
- Accommodation: The company provides family accommodation and normally expects employees to be accompanied by their families - unless there are serious constraints such as continuing education of older children or aged parents, spouse’s employment, etc. The accommodation is. provided with hard furniture and basic kitchen equipment, such as a cooking range, refrigerator, etc. Water and electricity accounts are covered by the company
- Work Permits and Visas : Successful candidate’s work permit / visa (for self /family) costs and travel is arranged by the company and the Head Office in Kampala provides the necessary assistance.
- Annual Leave: 30 days paid leave per year
- Air Passages: are paid for self, spouse and two children (below 18 years of age), to point of origin to run in conjunction with annual leave cycle. Additional Air Tickets if leave is split up and taken in 2 parts will be borne by the candidate