1. Bank Reconciliation
• Capturing/Importing bank transactions into SAGE Evolution.
• Reconcile bank balance to statement via SAGE.
2. Customers (Debtors)
• Allocate receipts to customer invoices/credit note as per
• Investigate and resolve queries on customer accounts.
• Send out weekly and monthly statements to customers.
• Maintain and update customer details on SAGE.
• Inform customers regarding overdue accounts.
• Receive and review customer credit applications and send for
credit verification checks.
• Ensure customer accounts are placed on hold or taken off hold
and inform relevant parties of such changes.
• Send a payment clearance letter to the relevant parties when a
pay in advance customer made payment and cleared on the bank
with approval from management.
3. Maintain customer Age Analysis
• Review and maintain the account receivable age analysis on a
weekly/monthly basis and arrange a weekly meeting with
management to discuss.
4. Basic General Journals
• Rounding – Round cents to match invoice / payment.
• Reclassifying journals – Re-allocate amounts when needed.
• Rebate and discounts account for as per signed customer
5. Credit Notes and Tax invoices
• Prepare credit notes as authorized, pass credits and raise tax
invoices not related to inventory.
6. Customer Credit limits
• Increase customer credit limits on managements’ request /
7. Pay in advance customers
• Send payment clearance letter to relevant parties when pay in
advance customers made payment and cleared on the bank with
approval from management.
• Reconcile Services accounts/Loan accounts/Intercompany
• Send out National/Factory expenses Sales reports.
• Create/maintain staff accounts (retail stores) and send
deductions to payroll.
• Grade 12 (Matric Certificate).
• Tertiary Qualification (desirable) or studying towards a
Bookkeeping or Finance Degree would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 1 – 3 year’s work experience in a similar role.
• Accounting System experience would be advantageous.
• Sage 200 Evolution.
• Working knowledge of Ms Office with a thorough
understanding of MS. Excel at a Basic/Intermediate Level.
• Meat Matrix experience would be an advantage.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit
practices and collection regulations.
• Proficiency in English and effective verbal and written
• Customer service orientation, problem solving and negotiation
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build
relationships for the long-term.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
and financial records.
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the promise they make. PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market. Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our priority. PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function across all industries. Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas; Information Technology Engineering Finance Office Support Insurance Marketing & Sales A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful placement we make. Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry, enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and candidate’s satisfaction with our service. PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE Contributor. Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you. We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link