Media Manager: 3-4 Month Contract: Banking
The call is for an experienced Media Manager to take responsibility for the progress of the client’s Media agenda, the Media Manager will work closely with Performance Managers as well as Marketing teams on their respective portfolios, in both media objectives & target setting, optimization, as well as reporting, and using post-campaign evaluation insights to inform new strategies.
What will you be doing?
Management & Leadership
- Effectively support the Senior Media Manager as well as Performance Teams to substantiate the Group Media strategy by keeping abreast of new developments in media strategy, business planning and execution
- Drive the implementation of innovative media solutions and continuous improvement to ensure competitive advantage for the group
- Deliver results by taking ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management
- Monitor key expectations of stakeholders and partner with them for effective consolidation and to ensure value added results for the Group.
- Ensure all relevant processes, documentation and reporting is created to operationalize the Group Media strategy
- Monitor portfolio Media budgets with the relevant Media Manager to ensure campaigns are adhered to against Group's media principles and policies
- Providing input towards the annual Group media commitment through the monthly commitment tracker and quarterly media owner reviews
- Co-ordination of media schedules for designed portfolio together with the relevant Media Manager to avoid negative financial implications i.e. late media bookings and wastage
- Ensure cost efficiency of Financial Commitments are met against all relevant financial indicators
- Create, promote, and maintain a culture of operational risk awareness and accountability within the cluster, including:
- Resolution of audit issues within committed timelines improving the ratio of self-identified issues vs. total issues raised
- Timely resolution of External Audit management issues with clear and documented action plans with resources allocated to address issues raised
- Ensure that all utilised Media platforms are compliant and in line with brand safety requirements
- Identify threats and opportunities to improve the risk and control environment through analysis of risk information (loss data, metrics, internal and external environment) monitored via the Risk Management register. The adequacy and effectiveness of identified controls to prevent risks materialising
- Ensure that the use of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data is in line with governance, compliance and risk policies and procedures ensuring, always, that usage is sought, and approval granted
- Ensure that all new technology and digital media tools are governed by said company’s information security and risk management processes e.g. New reporting Dashboards or new website domains
- The adherence to Group Risk and Governance Policies and ensure timely completion, training, and compliance of all Group policies timeously
Campaign Management and Championing Media Excellence
- Working closely with the rest of the Media Team to embed best practice media planning and buying guidelines, benchmarks, and standardized reporting
- Raising media and relevant media tech capability across the marketing teams
- Develop a better, customer centric media ‘product’
- Assisting in creating and fostering a culture of Media Performance group-wide by ensuring constant measurement of the ROMI of campaigns by managing campaign performance and channel & sales attribution
- Oversee relevant aspects of the campaign management process (pre-briefing inputs, strategy, optimisation, and reporting) for designated portfolio and guiding stakeholders on Media best practice.
- The collection and usage of data (1st, 2nd & 3rd party) to inform new campaigns, targeting parameters, audience segmentation and the evaluation of existing campaigns.
- Oversee data-led and focused remarketing and retargeting strategies across all campaigns
- Media attribution reporting in line with portfolio and business requirements.
- Meet business objectives by ensuring appropriate recommendation and management of media budgets
- Ensure that post campaign learnings are delivered timeously and extracted for future strategies
- Keep abreast of current trends in marketing by monitoring, identifying, sharing, and executing where applicable media trends that contribute towards the fulfilment of business goals and objectives
- Management of Strategic Media projects and reporting
- Help drive competitor analysis for the Group to understand share of voice, share of spend, strategies and trends across competitors
- Keep abreast of new developments in media strategy, business planning and execution
- Relevant post graduate qualification will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Communications, Media, or Marketing (essential)
- Industry certification programmes
- Marketing analytics specific
Memberships and registrations
- Industry or professional body affiliation will be advantageous e.g.
- MASA l AMASA l ACA l IAB
Minimum Experience Level
- 5-8 years’ experience working within a Marketing environment with emphasis on Media Management including Digital, offline Media and Performance Marketing (essential.
- Previous Media and Advertising experience building effective integrated campaigns.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key media stakeholders (internal and external)
Type of Exposure
- Working in a parallel-processing environment
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or people's understanding
- Communicating standards to others
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Comparing two or more sets of information.
- Providing professional advice/opinion
- Using different approaches in new work situations
- Drafting reports
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google MCC, Facebook Business Manager
- Data visualisation tools such Power BI
- Strong leadership and client experience
- Research methodologies
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis