Management Information Reporting Accountant
The role requires a strong, energetic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual to work closely with both the CFO, reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, Management Accounting and Tax, the Management Information Reporting Accountant will be responsible for all financial management reporting to Exco and the Board.
This individual must have reporting experience as Qualified CA (SA) with at least 2 years' post articles experience in Financial Services (banking) as well as experience working on SAP.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, Management Accounting and Tax, the Management Information Reporting Accountant will be responsible for all monetary management reporting to Exco and the Board (excluding statutory IFRS financial statements and Bank’s Act regulatory reporting), and for ensuring the necessary financial information is always readily available.
Areas of responsibility
- Fiscal management reporting and interpretation.
- Liaise and integrate with the company’s management accountants.
- Liaise and integrate with finance data and analysis team.
- Liaise and integrate with the IT financial information development team.
- Monitoring and timely identification and reporting of financial risks.
- Monitor competitors and establish appropriate insightful comparisons and analyses.
- Ensure continual process productivity improvements.
- Co-ordinate the regular refresh of all relevant financial policies and frameworks.
- Ensure budgets and 24-month forecasts are readily available.
- Sound knowledge of banking within a finance framework, the applicable regulatory environment, key regulatory regimes, best practice methodologies and emerging finance issues.
- Financial and financial risk management knowledge.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in Discovery.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- The ability to understand and work with undefined parameters.
- A drive and commitment to consistent high-quality delivery and a passion for problem solving.
- A strong business acumen and ability to navigate sensitive business dynamics.
- Effective task and time management.
- The confidence to interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- An ardent desire for professional development and a high learning potential.
Willingness to sacrifice time outside of traditional working hours to meet commitments
- CA (SA)
- At least 2 years post articles – Experience Financial Services (Banking)
- MS Office packages (Excell, Word & PowerPoint)