The Call Centre Agent is responsible to answer all inbound calls and attend to all walk-in visitors, identify the caller / visitor, respond to the enquiry / request either verbally or in writing and process and accurately record all information received within the set service level agreements. The Call Centre Agent is responsible to return voice messages and abandoned calls and contact members to obtain outstanding information. The Call Centre Agent provides assistance to the employer, member, the consulting and claims teams and external service providers. The Call Centre Agent reports to the Call Centre Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer call within 3 rings.
- Attend to all walk-in visitors.
- Investigate and resolve all member benefit statement related enquiries.
- Escalate urgent requests by completing the claim escalation sheet daily.
- Identify caller / visitor and verify security information by requesting the callers / visitor’s designation / relation and or employee number, ID number, employer name or levy number.
- Obtain enquiry / request by actively listening; display the ability and desire to listen and be sensitive to callers / visitor’s needs.
- Repeat the enquiry / request and ask multiple questions to understand the enquiry / request.
- Respond to the enquiry / request by resolving the enquiry / request with an appropriate response or solution in a quick and accurate manner and to the caller's / visitor's satisfaction.
- The Call Centre Agent requires a knack for subtly steering conversations to diffuse anger and resolve issues and concerns which is essential when communicating with callers / visitors.
- The Call Centre Agent must recognize when to express empathy (one of the most important qualities), how courtesy conveys respect and the power that the tone of voice has on caller / visitor perceptions.
- Respond to all calls / visitors in a professional and courteous manner and display a positive attitude - Call Centre Agents are the face of the company.
- Be a team player at all times as successful call centres are staffed by agents who act as a team.
- Treat each enquiry / request uniquely to ensure client satisfaction.
- Be able to effectively multi-task.
- Attend to customer needs on the phone, update records on the system, take notes, and complete other post-call duties.
- Be organised and efficient in order to complete all tasks quickly and accurately.
- Respond to allocated emails within 24 - 48 hours with the appropriate response.
- Strictly adhere to the rules and policies of the Fund, legislation, administration procedures and service level agreements.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommend improved procedures.
- Attend internal and external training required.
- Meet production standards in terms of quantity and quality.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels with internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to the discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interests, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and to participate in all organizational events as required.
- Participate in work forums created by the employer such as Occupational health and Safety and Employment Equity.