Our client a telecommunications company is seeking a Financial Accountant. The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing accounting support for an accurate and efficient month- end close, extracting and analysing information for the monthly/quarterly financial reports, as well as ensuring a successful audit process and providing decision support to the Financial Manager. The Financial Accountant will ensure internal controls are operating properly, completed timeously and assist the financial manager in co-ordinating and ensuring that all controls align with their requirements. This position is supported by another Financial Accountant and works closely with the Financial Manager, two Financial Analysts and another Financial Accountant.
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment
- Fixed asset and intangible asset maintenance including related stat-to-GAAP adjustments. Review
- work performed by Africa Shared Services team, who are responsible for the subledger accounting
- for PPE
- Able to perform Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring and reporting on all treasury related transactions
- Solid Tax knowledge to ensure compliance with SARS as well as internal Tax reporting requirements (including secondary taxes)
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly submissions to Corporate accounting, External reporting, Corporate Tax on TM1 and TOM.
- Provide support for an accurate and efficient month-end close including distribution of month end workplan
- Analyze and prepare information for the monthly/quarterly financial reports including annual board
- Maintenance of internal controls.
- Provision of support for the audit process.
- Accounting for intercompany transactions and ensuring settlement of balances timeously
- Monitoring, reviewing, and ensuring compliance with key financial controls adhering strictly to the requirements of each control
- Compilation of statutory financial statements for all entities in the group as well as consolidated financial statements
- Solid IFRS 16 lease accounting knowledge to address queries from the corporate lease accounting team and assist with critical input in order to finalize the month end results (TTG)
- Budgeting and reporting on below EBITDA figures
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Working knowledge of taxation
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Proficiency in company relevant systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Leading & Supervising
- Adhering to Principles & Values
- Presenting and Communicating information
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Writing and reporting
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
Qualifications and experience:
- Accounting Degree and qualified CA (Chartered Accountant)
- 5+ years’ experience, 3 years post-articles experience, internal audit experience would be advantageous to this role.
If you have not heard from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful