- Flexible and able to adapt to an agile rapidly changing environment
- Must have own transportation
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize workload
- Positive, self-motivated individual
- Able to work independently and takes ownership for own work delivery
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Linux, and Nutanix technologies
- Proactively monitor and maintain the overall infrastructure health.
- Asist with Capacity planning and Safeguarding of Group data.
- Ensure the infrastructure is kept up to date and patched and protected against vulnerabilities.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies, monitoring as well occasional weekend maintenance.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Document best practices and support procedures
- 5 years + experience in a similar level Systems Engineer position
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016, 2019) operating systems.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experiencing in managing large server infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing Terminal Server installations
- Managing server virtualization technologies
- Managing Backup software solutions like Veeam
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Microsoft Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Administration of Office 365
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot VPN issues.
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) beneficial
- ITIL® Certification
- Microsoft Azure Certification beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016 / 2019) Operating Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Servers. (Debian based preferable)
- Experience in managing large server infrastructure both physical and virtual.