Our international client is looking for an experienced HR & Recruitment Administrator / Consultant to be based out of their Port Elizabeth office.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This is a key operational role necessitating the requisite specialist knowledge, confidence and credibility to ensure that the business attracts, recruits and retains the right people at the right time, supporting the development and deployment of effective talent attraction, recruitment and onboarding strategies covering all aspects of the colleague experience including but not limited to sourcing channels, direct sourcing, talent pooling, candidate experience, employer brand, assessment strategy, and compliance. Alongside collaborating with external partners.
The role has ownership of People related administration, ensuring accurate and legally compliant records are created and maintained, as well as the provision of a first-class HR support service to people managers. internal communications.
The HR Consultant will assist the People Lead (UK based) in the implementation of People frameworks, policies, standards and procedures appropriately and consistently across the Group.
- At least 5 years in-house or recruitment agency experience gained in a cross-functional environment
- Applicant tracking system maintenance and use
- Exposure of working in a HR environment and/or with employment law
- Direct sourcing skills across a variety of channels including but not limited to job boards and LinkedIn
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to develop trackers and reports
- Strong, clear communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be able to communicate with people at all levels whilst building strong relationships
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results
- Confident and comfortable working within a confidential environment and handling and sharing sensitive date
- Ability to manage expectations, provide constructive feedback and challenge diplomatically
- Takes the initiative
- Decision making
- A stakeholder focus
- Commitment to excellence
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- A good general level of education
- CIPD qualification
- Relevant qualification in recruitment/resourcing
- · Work closely with key stakeholders to understand recruitment requirements and manage approvals
- · Proactive building of external talent pools against talent requirement and succession plans
- · Writing effective adverts and advertising through a variety of effective channels
- · Using knowledge and experience of the marketplace and sourcing tools to carry out direct sourcing, market mapping and head hunting
- · Supporting the assessment process including screening CV’s, supporting interviews and coordinating and assessments where required
- · Managing the candidate experience and ongoing colleague lifecycle
- · Overseeing the onboarding and referencing processes, ensuring these are progressed efficiently
- · Managing and updating the HRIS
- · Keep up to date with market trends/different ways that we could be engaging with and attracting talent including identifying and attending suitable events
- · Increase direct sourcing activity through effective utilisation of various media channels, CV database mining, use of networks etc.
- · Support the drive to improve our approach to the market through exploring innovative routes.
- · Research, propose and support the implementation of tools and strategies that are market competitive, aligned to the Resourcing strategy framework and deliver value for money.
- · Continually drive improvement to policy, processes and practices in order to attract, recruit and retain the right talent, reduce time to hire and agency spend, and increase retention.
- · Design, develop and champion best fit assessment processes and tools which enable recruiting managers to make fair and informed selection decisions. Review the effectiveness of assessment process and tools.
- · Support the production and maintenance of management information; creating and interpreting management information relating to all aspects of recruitment and onboarding. Analysing the data to identify and share trends, and make recommendations to enable business improvements.
- · Support and advise managers in the development and delivery of resourcing strategies and support them in the use of the HR Information Systems.
- · Make recommendations for changes and updating the policies and internal communication channels where applicable. Be responsible for ensuring appropriate changes and updates are made.
- · Ensure the functionality of the HRIS is fit for purpose. Keep up to date with new features/updates, ensure workflows are streamlined, engage the team on these and implement those that are relevant into our ways of working.
- · Able to travel nationally and overseas on occasion, including overnight stays.
- · To attend all learning and development opportunities deemed appropriate by the business.
- · To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required within the scope of the post.
- · At all times, address internal and external enquiries in a professional manner ensuring internal and external customers are addressed courteously and with sensitivity as required.
- · At all times, maintain business, candidate and employee confidentiality and adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations and any subsequent legislation which supersedes the act.
- · To undertake all duties and act at all times, in accordance with the business’ Policies and Procedures, particularly in respect of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Confidentiality and Health and Safety.
- · The post-holder must be able to travel nationally and internationally, including overnight stays in hotels, according to the needs of the role.