Our client is a leading global provider of information and analytics that help customers with workflow solutions and better decision making. A digital pioneer globally and in South Africa, the company has been committed to enhancing the potential of Africa through its corporate solutions and smart digital platforms.
As they grow on the continent they are seeking to appoint a Johannesburg based, Account Manager - Government, to builds and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at an assigned group of customer accounts that may include major strategic customers within a geographic or industry focus products and solutions.
- Identifies, develops and typically closes new sales opportunities
- Creates demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers
- Achieves revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account
- May conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organization's product/service strategies
- Works with moderately complex territory/assigned accounts, products/services, sales or account management processes
- Has direct contact with clients and moderate authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms
- Continues to build knowledge of business, financials, products/services, the market or account needs
- Proactively drive pipeline creation and gross sales
- Structure, negotiate and close deals, working closely with account management team.
- Help develop, and then execute on, a sales strategy within your defined territory
- Effectively manage multiple sales opportunities
- Effectively manage pipeline and accurate forecasting
- Minimum 5 years sales and software, compliance or risk industry experience.
- Experience of technology sales, preferable in compliance and risk
- A self-starter with a consistent track record in a quota bearing sales environment