this well known company based in Pretoria is looking for a Firmware/Software Design Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be BEE with a min of 5 years Firmware/Software Design experience.
min of BEng
Experience in C/C++
Strong experience in RF Communications and Digital Signal processing
Digital logic design
Strong Hardware Interfacing Protocols
Strong embedded debugging skills
experience with deployable systems to validate and improve algorithms
Send your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of this team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: Fibre Project – South Of JHB
Site Supervisor is the person responsible for all technical activities and directs and leads the labour that will build the network. The team on the ground, including contractors, will work closely with the site supervisor on a daily basis Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
The site supervisor is a first-line supervisory position with the responsibility to manage the civil workforce used on-site and working on all fibre implementation projects in accordance with the approved companies standards and specifications.
The site supervisor (plan, organize, direct, control, monitor, install) the civil aspects including opening of the trenches, bedding, padding, duct installation and road surface reinstatements on al in-road and conventional trenching projects as well as the installation of poles.
The site supervisor also ensure that the road or the conventional build lines are correctly build according to specifications as well as the installation of the poles and the fibre stringing are done to plan; The site supervisor must have a full understanding of the plans, drawings and specifications to plan the construction routes and layout accordingly.
The site supervisor must plan the trench lines, , correct positioning of manholes etc before the construction team can commence with the work.
Communicate the planned works to the civil teams under his control. Record proof of correct installation by taking regular photos and continuous checks to see that work done is correct.
Pro-actively identify and solve problems.
Ensure that in the execution of works due consideration is given to safety, Health, Environmental and quality (SHEQ) best practices and regulations by regularly conducting inspections and ensure that H&S file is up to date.
This includes: Ensure all team members comply with H&S requirements and have a valid medical certificate of fitness. Ensure that team members are issued with and use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
Ensure safety procedures are followed and the safety file is populated timeously. Ensure routine checks are carried out on all equipment and tools. Ensure timesheets/attendance registers are filled in accurately and on time.
Communicate any issues to Project Manager and H&S representative.
Receive visitors on site. Ensure all safety precautionary measures are followed to prevent incidents/accidents. Refer visitors to the Project Manager.
Other specific duties as directed by the Project Manager. To enhance long term client relationships via effective image building and client communication.
This further entails the following activities: Obtain written briefs and confirmation of works from Project Manager and General Manager.
Communicate snags to Project Manager before installation of fibre commence. Perform project quality checks walkthrough with the Project Manager.
Correct identified deficiencies(snags) as required or directed.
Managing the daily activities of all resources making sure that agreed daily targets, deliverables, milestones and deadlines are met by each person working on site.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assess whether changes need to be made or incentives structures should be put in place in order to ensure that what the company pays is relevant, as well as drives growth and present same to the management team for approval (taking profitability effect on the company into account).
• Communicate and train/explain any changes in commission structures and/or incentives to the relevant staff members.
• Ensure commission structures for the department (staff/agents/dealers) remain adequate and market related.
• Timeously submit month end commission reports to relevant staff and allow opportunity for queries to be raised and ensure same is addressed (MD to look into automating communication).
• Effective dealer administration management (Contracts, annexure's, price lists, etc.) .
• Ensure that a team, with agreed upon & defined responsibilities, is in place to deal with all dealer administration in a timely manner.
• The level of service to dealers should be a priority and will be assessed by reviews from dealers and internal staff on a quarterly basis.
Sales Consultants & Promotion Teams
• Ensure the maintenance of the sales rep & promo team bases, this includes the allocation of existing bases to be serviced upon loss of a staff member.
• Ensure the Sales Field Supervisor submits timeous & effective feedback based on company requirements.
• Ensure the Sales Field Supervisors time is effectively managed by means of a monthly schedule.
• Ensure there is adequate structure in place for the on-boarding (which includes detailed training and interviewing) during the trial period.
• Oversee the Promotions team division to ensure its viability. Raise any concerns, issues or suggestions for the structure as a whole.
• Reassessment of the Sales Field Supervisor position bi-annually to ensure the position is required.
• Scheduled visitation by the Sales Manager or management team representative to all staff in the field once a year (excluding Gauteng & Promo team).
Sales, Dealers & Promotional Team Reporting
• Build reporting pack out as per management requirements, and an agreed-upon schedule.
• Continue to build and improve all reporting.
• Continuously update and maintain accurate weekly/monthly reporting as required by the Management Team.
• Create, review and present feedback to external stakeholders/parties in a professional manner.
• Create, review and present feedback to the management team within the organization in a professional manner.
• Ensure all expenses are in line with the approved budget.
• Report as per pack, 100% on-time, accurate, quality insights into numbers.
• Reporting on new business as well as retention ratios on current business.
• Sales Managers responsibility to action/ delegate to subordinate and report back on any issues, concerns, suggestions raised during meetings (e.g. Sales budget meeting, etc.).
Vehicles and Equipment
• Due diligence to be conducted when authorizing repairs, services, etc.
• Ensure there is adequate process and control in place around the usage of company resources. Structure around allocation, monitoring and retrieval of the resources needs to be maintained.
• Fleet monitoring on a bi-weekly basis and further investigation to be allocated to the sales assistant where required and results actioned.
Region Representation & Recruitment
• Ensure that the company is represented in each region.
• Identify areas that require further representation for growth purposes.
• Recruitment of new & replacement staff for the aforementioned required roles.
Network & Client Relations
• Accurate, appropriate & timeous reporting as per the networks & clients needs.
• Effective networks & client relationship management.
• Growth and maintenance of the network & client relationships through scheduled meetings & on-going engagement.
• Inherit the responsibilities/reporting from subordinates in their absence if needed.
• On-boarding training of new staff on required systems and processes.
• Provide adequate and reliable support to the management team across the business where required.
• Any operational requirements that can be automated and/or made more efficient to be raised with the management team.
• Assess all operational requirements on an on-going basis to ensure all are necessary with the changing needs of the business.
• Create, implement and maintain relevant training material, policies, procedures & SOP’s within your department.
• Ensure your departments are adequately staffed in accordance with operational requirements and there is sufficient workload for each staff member.
• Evaluate all sales & promo teams monthly stats to ensure they are performing and where performance is a problem for same to be addressed through the poor performance procedures (where no poor performance has been implemented there must be a valid reason).
• Evaluate and manage subordinates’ performance through target setting, appraisals, poor performance counseling and corrective action (where no action has been implemented there must be a valid reason).
• Handle disciplinaries, grievances and disputes in accordance with the relevant procedures and liaise with HR Manager.
• Identify where training is needed and facilitate the training accordingly.
• Manage and control time-keeping and leave for subordinates.
• Be familiar with other industry trends/products that can be implemented internally or used to improve existing systems.
• Constant reassessment of systems used to generate suggestions for changes or improvement.
Effective self-management & teamwork
• Build and maintain friendly, professional and effective relationships (colleagues, team members, staff, agents, etc.).
• Check slack a minimum of 3 times a day to stay informed on the latest information.
• Continually uphold the company's values.
• Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others, maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Pro-active anticipation and communication of potential problems.
• Recognize, nominate and encourage fellow employees in the employee Recognition programme.
• Upskill & maintain your general knowledge and skills to perform your roles and responsibilities within the compay.
Health, Safety, Environment and Housekeeping
• Good housekeeping & cleanliness.
• Identify and report any SHE incidents / accidents immediately.
• Identify and report unsafe conditions that could lead to unsafe working conditions and/or environmental harm immediately.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Outsourced Internet Services Provider urgently seeks to employ a Billing Specialist within the finance department.
The billing specialist oversees the tasks of Monthly recons for Vendors, Internal Billing challenges, management of supplier billing errors, re-alignment of rates from vendors and monitoring outstanding balances to ensure each account is paid on time and in full. They will help our organization keep track of how much money is owed and by whom, often managing numerous client accounts at once. The ideal candidate must have excellent accounting skills as well as deep organizational skills to accurately handle all of the incoming payments, outgoing invoices, database updates, excel skills and more that make up their day-to-day responsibilities. On top of this meticulous attention to detail, the billing specialist must also possess excellent communication skills to answer questions for clients and vendors, solve their issues, and keep them updated with relevant account information.
Billing Specialist Job Duties
This individual should have a strong finance background, feel comfortable with problem solving and have deep skill sets with ERP systems and Excel.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link