Join the Team at this iconic 5-Star Hotel in Johannesburg. A stylish urban resort elevated on a hillside with panoramic views across Johannesburg and the prestigious neighbourhoods’ of the Parks whilst working on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion for food and wine.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Qualifications: Depth of experience in Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- Education: University degree (Bachelor minimum)
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in related fields
- Travel: As required
Consumer Insight and Performance Management
- Leverage in-market intelligence, consumer insights and provide strategic recommendations to enable data-led decision-making
- Establish a robust success measurement framework ensuring activities are monitored and optimised against the pre-established KPIs
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with third-party agencies to establish a forward-looking approach to marketing planning, ensuring digital opportunities are maximised
- Monitor Hotels’ and competitor media coverage, social media, as well as online reviews for more in-depth market insight
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Marketing, own the definition and delivery of the annual PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications strategy and tactical plans for the assigned Hotels. Includes the development of insight-led strategies and tactical roadmap, multi-channel campaigns, acquisition and conversion-focused digital and direct marketing activities, media and influencer relations, storytelling, and content creation.
- Participate in the crafting of the Hotels’ annual business plans, including setting actions and budgets for PR and Social Media and Marketing Communications programs and tactics.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Marketing, define the property positioning framework, ensuring it is outward-looking, built on insights and reflective of brand DNA.
- Create annual planning calendars covering all aspects of Hotel PR, Social Media and Digital Marketing initiatives and campaigns ensuring activities are relevant and timed to support Hotels’ commercial goals.
- Ensure global brand initiatives and campaigns are fully leveraged to showcase Hotels’ relevant offerings in the local market.
- Identify and explore in-market partnership opportunities to unlock access to additional PR, Social Media, Marketing and commercial opportunities.
- Manage budget and expenses associated with PR, Social Media, Marketing Communications plans.
Hotel PR & Marketing presence and content development
- Oversee and optimise online and offline presence of Hotels, including the development of integrated PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications activities that generate differentiating stories and fuel brand equity.
- In collaboration with Global and Area Marketing teams, develop DNA-infused ownable destination content that taps into search intent and showcases each Hotel’s distinct offerings and experiences.
- Ensure all Hotel PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications content, including photography, video, press room, advertising, direct mail assets, and collateral, is in keeping with brand guidelines.
- Responsible for editorial direction and presence of Hotels across PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications, ensuring content is rooted in the property positioning, and is in keeping with brand aesthetics and tone of voice.
- Engage in media relations by actively managing professional relationships with local and regional media and influencers. Includes hosting media visits, pitching targeted story ideas, organising fam trips and photoshoots, entertaining key media and influencer contacts and responding in a timely way to media enquiries.
- Play a key role in the Hotels’ reputation management by keeping track of public attitudes, flagging possible consequences of decisions, developing key messages, managing issues, and crisis communications, working in collaboration with Corporate teams as needed.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with 3rd party agency partners, guide them in business strategy and tactics, manage activities, and keep them informed of relevant news and updates to drive commercial performance.
- Oversee the Hotels’ social media content strategy and manage property social media channels.
- Responsible for curation of UGC and influencer/content creator assets that are brand-elevating and reflective of the Four Seasons aesthetic, leveraging approved brand tools and templates.
- Use a strategic approach in overseeing the Hotel’s community relations, CSR initiatives, internal communications and other activities specific to the Hotel and its VIP guests.
- Ensure content opportunities are fully leveraged across all owned and earned platforms, including FS.com, FS App, In-language sites, and B2B platforms (preferred partner website, B2B communication tools and newsletters, etc.
Demand Generation and Acquisition
- Ensure Hotels leverage the full range of global Marketing and Digital Programs including SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Display, Programmatic.
- Define an annual digital marketing and direct marketing strategy and plans by working closely with the Senior Director of Marketing and Director of Revenue in identifying key opportunities and gaps in business.
- Works closely with the F&B and Spa teams to develop promotional and marketing activities and calendars to stimulate and capture revenue opportunities.
- Devise customer acquisition tactics to build local database, while maintaining compliance to privacy guidelines
Leadership & Cross Functional Collaboration
- Partner with key internal business stakeholders and develop productive strong two-way relationships with Operations, Sales, Marketing Communications and Revenue Management.
- Establish and develop relationships with Four Seasons Area and Corporate Marketing teams.
- Inform relevant Corporate and Area teams of planned events and developments that could be of national or international PR value.
- Proactively identify ways to improve services and process efficiencies.
- Demonstrate a proactive nature of constant improvement in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, goals, development plans and performance requirements.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Demonstrate leadership traits that are inspiring to others especially in forging alliances and maintaining cooperative working relationships with peers, agencies, leadership team, ownership groups.
- A strategic thinker with ability to assess challenges and identify best possible solutions, resources and procedures to implement priorities.
- Ability to see linkages between various levels of Hotel teams so as to provide guidance, increase alignment, and improve efficiencies
- Ability to work independently, solve problems, take initiative and demonstrate solid judgement.
- Able to bring together, coordinate and lead projects within the collection and Hotel teams, with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong budget management, business acumen and negotiating.
- An excellent communicator with ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
Key functional Competencies
- Experience in formulating integrated Public Relations, Social Media and Marketing Communications strategies and tactical plans.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written), a strong sense of quality and a creative mindset.
- Experience in reputation management and crisis communications.
- Experience in digital marketing and managing social media strategy and channels.
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong appreciation of creative aesthetics through a luxury lens.
- Proven success in interpreting data and translating findings into an action plan that supports business goals.
- Proficiency with Social Media management tools (Sprout Social or similar), user-generated content platforms (Olapic or similar) and online reputation management tools (Revinate or similar) an asset.
- Experience in consumer marketing.
- Deep understanding of Affluent consumers including their preferences and buying cycle. Previous experience in Travel Industry and/or Safari is a plus.
- Regional VPs and Hotel General Managers
- Senior Director of Sales and Marketing
- Global and Area teams
- On-property Department Heads
- Media and influencers
- Partner agencies
- Owner/developers/asset managers