An opportunity arises to maintain a well know hospitality institution. The successful incumbent will be working amid the Cederberg, nestled between spectacular mountain views, foothill scenery and scenic nature.
To manage, control and coordinate the maintenance of the infrastructures of the resort
- Supervise maintenance staff, which includes work allocation, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations to Lodge Manager.
- Monitors contractors to achieve peak productivity
- Strong experience in repair of geysers
- Ensures that maintenance and repairs are carried out
- Plan routine maintenance tasks.
- Budget and allocate resources to accomplish desired and planned projects
- Perform and supervise refurbishment of chalets, boardwalks and other amenities.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources
- Responsible for the requisition of materials
- Ensures that tools and equipment are safe and secure and allocates and controls the use of tools and other resources.
- Supervise, delegate and allocate staff
- Ensure that staff performs tasks as instructed, in order to achieve the desired results.
- Attends to staff grievances and complaints,
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Grade 12
- 3- 10+ years relevant maintenance experience
- Tertiary education in related trade would be advantageous
- 1-2 years’ experience coordinating independent projects or tasks
- 3 years in building/ trade environment
- Hand and Power tools basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and Brick laying.
Either the young, and dynamic ‘Handy-man , or the experienced and more mature would take preference in the selection of successful candidate