The Micros Field Technician (MFT) is required to install, maintain and support the product to his/her assigned area of expertise to the satisfaction of our clients, employees and management.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Keep updated on new technologies available, both on MICROS software/hardware products, third-party software/hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
- Regularly visit the corporate websites, www.micros.com, www.micros.co.za, to keep informed about corporate developments and news.
- Read the published ‘Product Marketing Announcements’ (PMA) on a regular basis.
- Pass any certification examinations as required by Management.
- Every MFT is expected to be able to install assigned products according to MICROS standards and to the complete satisfaction of our clients and Management.
- The MFT is required to pass on any new acquired skill/knowledge to other MFT’s verbally, via email, fax or memorandum.
- The MFT presents training courses to other MFTs as required.
- Must be able to configure a complete database of the assigned products and provide a working solution for the client (i.e. network connectivity, drive mappings, systems parameters, etc.).
- Each MFT is required to support the products assigned to him/her.
- Clients on ‘Stop Support’ are not to be supported without authorization by Management.
- All support calls are to be logged on the in-house call logging system according to the Micros logging standards.
- MFT to be aware of escalation procedures as communicated from time to time. Escalation procedures may vary for corporate accounts.
- The MFT must assess the problem and assign a correct priority
- All logged calls are too updated timeously.
- Ensure timely resolution or assignment of call within the Micros SLA commitments
- Clients are to be provided with the call log ID.
- Be responsible for interaction with customers via email, telephone, fax, PC Anywhere etc. Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
- Maintain all documentation required by Micros SA. Assist with implementing, testing and writing any documentation that may be required.
- Ensure that ALL equipment is checked in and out and properly maintained
- Once a call is assigned, the technician must take ownership of the call and it remains his or her responsibility to resolve the call, unless instructed otherwise.
- Manual dockets must be issued to the customer and completed in full and accurately. The log number is then to be written on the manual docket.
- No manipulation of charges may be made for a call unless authorized by management.
- All monies are to be collected on site unless authorized by management.
- All monies are to be handed to the admin clerk daily, along with all the dockets, to the admin clerk.
- MFT’s are to ensure that they have enough spares in their vehicles at all times.
- MFT’s must return all old spares to the stores and immediately replenish their stock.
- All serial numbers are to be recorded when a spare is taken into the MFT’s stock AND when performing any work on the customer’s site.All equipment and spares are to be returned to stores daily, nothing is to be left in the hardware office
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- Technical qualification (Advantageous)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience repairing hardware products
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to travel
- Able to work shifts