- You will design, manage and execute research relevant analysis strategies that supports the organization to measure, track and report on how the country brand is performing competitively, domestically, and internationally as aligned to the annual performance plan.
- Postgraduate Degree in Political Science / Economics / Sales/ Research and Marketing/Business Management / Communications or equivalent.
- 10+ years combined experience in Research, Marketing and Communications environments with exposure to strategic brand marketing and stakeholder relations at a senior management level.
- Good understanding of the political and legislative environment (domestic and international).
- Thorough knowledge of the workings of the business and macro-economic environment (domestic and international).
- Understanding the socio-economic environment (domestic and international).
- Working knowledge of systems and processes involved in nation brand management as informed by research insights, awareness measures and competitor analysis that contribute to organisational performance.
- Developing and articulating a research strategy (insight generation, model development, analysis monitoring,)
- Knowledge of the concepts of brand development and system contribution and ROI. This includes an understanding of the drivers that influence each and how it links to the overall business performance and reputation management strategies.
Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to identify and develop innovative concepts, models and tools that produce, create a proprietary advantage for the organization.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate raw data and interpret into intelligence that informs, that provides strategic and relevant guidance to strategic marketing and communication plans.
- Produce analysis reports that inform the development of content to convey the organization's value proposition that differentiates it from competitors Business performance measurement (strategic, operational, and financial).
- Operations and Financial Management (with a deep understanding of the Public Finance Management Act and legislative environment governing processes).
- Advanced technological adaptability for relevant scenario operations such as presentations, financial tools and spreadsheets.
- Excellent business acumen, i.e., strategic ability to position and sell the company’s mandate and initiatives in response to emerging political, business, and environmental trends.
- Media management, i.e., ability to handle media interviews to manage and interpret research analysis to perceptions effectively and assertively (thus positively persuading / influencing the narrative).
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills that enables relatability with the subject matter at various levels and platforms (people skills).
- Advanced Communications skills
- Strategy development
- Presentation skills