Large retail concern is seeking a Lease Property Portfolio Manager to facilitate the administration of leases, liaison with the landlords regarding maintenance issues at stores, and the timeous coordination of renewal of leases. To enforce contractual obligations with landlords, feasibility studies, board approvals and contract administration. The role is accountable for the delivery of detailed administration, meaningful inputs and communications to support the property related policies, procedures and templates to ensure compliance, viable commercial outcomes and operational efficiencies that develop and support the property leasing team to achieve its mandate.
- Ensure the effective facilitation and management of the assigned Lease portfolio including the clear understanding of various Leasing formats and capacities (anchor tenant, headlease, trade support facilities etc).
- Monitor and manage all leasing and maintenance related aspects including but not limited to new Lease Agreements, Lease Renewals, Lease obligations and compliance.
- Ensure the timeous exercising of the renewal options, including the most favourable terms for the company.
- Supporting and providing information where necessary to complete viability studies.
- Completing & obtaining approval for Directors Resolutions, letters of renewal to Lessor's & drafting & signing of lease renewal addendums.
- Ensure complete process from viabilities to Directors Resolutions & signed leases is completed.
- Negotiating with Lessor to ensure lowest rental terms possible for renewal periods &/or negotiating additional options or new leases where possible and necessary.
- Obtain estimate cost reports from Divisions to negotiate with Lessor's regarding contributions or rentalisation of refurbishments/enlargements costs.
- Assisting Divisions with operational issues including corresponding with Lessor's who are not complying with Leases in terms of proper external maintenance, adequate security etc.
- Supporting New Business Development Managers with financial calculations/viabilities regarding new lease agreements or rentalisation of costs for store enlargements.
- Participate in the viabilities activities and related calculations regarding the purchasing of existing leased stores or selling existing owned premises, as well as for possible termination of leases (conversion of Head Lease to store lease).
- Together with the Development Managers, participate in the viabilities activities and related calculations regarding additions to existing owned properties or refurbishments of internal stores/ DC premises.
- Support the properties and leasing team with any additional administration, liaison, feasibility / viabilities calculations and general projects.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Degree in Legal or Property Contract Management and/or Financial / Commercial Business Management or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role: managing a lease orientated portfolio - within a legal / financial / contractual capacity in a ‘property’ orientated sector managing landlords – ideally in a multi-stakeholder portfolio with nationally distributed locations and brand imperatives.
- Exposure to legal contractual principles and obligations involving governance frameworks, risk analysis/mitigation and stakeholder analysis/engagement.
- Demonstrable track record of executing commercial and analytical activities related to feasibility and advisory inputs.
- Experience in a Group wide / cross-functional matrix structure.
- A clear understanding of the landlord and retail rental landscape within a South African context.
- Extensive knowledge of Property Leases and Contractual management combined with the ability to influence, negotiate and manage landlords and respective property portfolios in a broad and layered distribution context.