▪ Relevant Post-Graduate Qualification in Public Administration/ Management Masters Qualification would be an advantage.
▪ Atleast of 5-7 years experience of which at least 4 years in a similar position.
▪ Sound understanding of the Local Government Sector is essential and
▪ Proven track record in business planning, project management, research and analytics, and Monitoring evaluation with excellent writing ability and
▪ Report writing as well as preparation of Briefs, Speaking notes, and Packaging Strategic Programmes and Projects.
▪ Strategic and Business Planning: Facilitate business planning; prepare & deliver presentations on strategic programmes; leading
support role in IGR Fora & PMAs.
▪ Budget & Supply Chain Management Compliance: Support the development of cluster budgets and forecasts. Ensure processing of cluster invoices in line
with Supply Chain Management requirements; Follow-up on cluster budget queries and ensure effective resolution
▪ Project Management: In collaboration with relevant heads, lead projects or modules; Project Manage the implementation of the office
directives with strategic relevance; Manage ad-hoc project teams and advise on the budget required for the execution of strategic
▪ Stakeholder Management: Manage good relationships with the office’s external stakeholders often on behalf of the Executive and
Senior management; Strategic, Operational and System Interface between Provincial Offices and National Clusters.
▪ Governance and Risk Management: Risk Management and Compliance monitoring coordination and consolidation of reporting for
▪ Monitoring and Evaluation: Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of performance progress against plan for impact and relevance –
aligned to national directives and framework.
▪ Research, Analysis and Packaging of Results: Commission research projects and undertake desktop research on behalf of cluster
in line with the office research agenda; build and maintain updated municipal profiles across the Service Delivery spectrum to inform
the office Service offering and delivery based on identified needs; package and disseminate research results in conjunction with
Intelligence Hub and integrate knowledge into a central repository.
▪ Strengthen Communication: Ensure communication is aligned with frameworks established by Operations Cluster.
▪ Generic Support: Provide shared secretariat, administrative and support services to the working groups
Manager: Strategic Support & Information Analytics.