Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the butchery team exercise hygiene control and maintain excellent housekeeping protocols in compliance with health departments.
• Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
• Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
• Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
• Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat.
• Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
• Cure and tenderize and preserve meat.
• Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
• Management and control of inventory; stock checks; exercise the first in first out principal and control wastage.
• Extend beyond personal responsibilities to assist and teach fellow colleagues and be respectful, appreciative; fair and thankful of other teammates and give attention to detail in daily work habits without losing focus on the overall task at hand.
• Keep the sales area, including the counters, refrigerator counters, shelves, walls, and floors, clean and presentable always.
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Blockman
• Can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to use hand tools.
• Ability to lift heavy items and work in cold environments.