Our client based in Johannesburg is looking to employ an External Sales Representative in their organization.
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in Industrial/ Retail sector
- Technical motor vehicle/ refrigeration’s product knowledge.
- 2 years merchandising experience
- Customer service.
- Problem solving abilities
- Active listening skills
- Basic MS Office
- Advanced product knowledge
- Interpersonal skills.
- Take initiative.
- Self control
- Social confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyze the market
- Keep up to date with market trends by analyzing the market.
- Observe and report on competitor activities.
- Compare the company's products with alternative products.
Grow the customer base
- Determine and cold call potential new customers.
- Meet with potential new customers and promote product and service offerings.
- Identify and suggest products and ranges based on customer needs and current stock levels.
- Assist in drawing up quotations.
- Convince customers to buy the product.
- Secure business through negotiating pricing with the customer.
Maintain customer relationship
- Visit customers regularly.
- Resolve customer complaints or queries.
- Demonstrate product ranges and usage.
- Conduct product training.
- Attend road shows or exhibitions.
- Keep an up to date knowledge of the products offered.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.