The Area Manager is responsible for all operations in his/her business unit.
The Western Cape business unit consists of 9 Retail Stores (and expanding) that is situated across the Western Cape. The Area Manager assists
the Operations Manager to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision. The Area manager
is responsible to ensure that the business goals, decisions & plans, are effectively executed & implemented within his/her specific business
unit. The Area manager needs to continuously evaluate and improve on the performance of his/her business unit
Competencies (skills and attributes)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative a driven and self -motivated individual
- Attention to detail
- Verbal & Written communication Skills
- A proven ability to manage staff to ensure maximum productivity
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business financials
- Willingness to work long hours and over weekends
- Valid Drivers License – Code 8 unendorsed
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office suite
- Pool Vehicle, Company Cell phone and Company Laptop
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar capacity as an Area manager/Regional Manager. Clothing retail experience is essential!
- Extensive travel between stores – need to ensure that regular store visits are being conducted
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar capacity as an Area manager/Regional Manager. Clothing retail experience is essential
1. Sales & Marketing:
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed.
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets
- Monitor and evaluate the daily sales targets of each store in your business unit.
- Drive sales in your area through active participation in promotions & providing sales leadership to staff.
- Provide regular feedback on products, marketing and pricing of retailers with similar products/promotions and opportunities to the Company's Buying & Marketing team.
2. Management of Staff:
- Manage the performance and development of staff in your business unit to become a motivated sales force.
- Effectively manage the Salaries and Wages budget of each store in your business unit and ensure that salaries and wages expenditure is in line with the required sales ratio %.
- Manage & involve HR in all IR related matters within your business unit (Initiate disciplinary hearings and from time to time represent the company at the CCMA),
- Determine staffing needs, recruit, interview and place employees in line with the company recruitment policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the responsible persons in stores adhere to the standard operating procedures (Check and verify necessary documents when doing store visits).
3. Risk, Shrinkage & Security:
- Manage the security in all aspects within your respective business unit and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor and provide regular feedback to the risk team on the performance of security staff in your respective stores (make sure that they are alert and performing their duties as expected).
- Identify and report potential Risk area within your business unit involve the risk department where necessary .
- Continuously monitor Shrinkage and ensure that all stores implement preventative measures in place to minimise stock losses in your business unit.
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, email@example.com. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link