Our client is a leading omni-channel retailer, delighting our customers with an innovative range of curated products on personalized terms. Our aim is to provide multiple, convenient, and easy retail shopping channels to guarantee that we meet all our customer expectations.
The purpose of Technical Services is to provide structure and control of the functions responsible for diverse technical operations which generally involve IT infrastructure such as hardware, software, networking, and information security in both physical and virtual environments. The main goal is to minimize downtime and maintain business productivity.
This is a dual role for a customer centric individual that both leads the team and performs HR management functions for all direct reports and also acts as a hands-on team member to provide technical and user support to all users of end computing devices. This includes, but is not limited to the installation, maintenance, and support of end user devices such as PC Workstations, laptops, VOIP telephones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, Windows 10 operating systems, the Microsoft Office Suite, and all other related business applications. This role ensures that all calls logged at the service desk are allocated to the correct team members, provide the appropriate attention according to ICT's priority index and are resolved within Service Level Agreements.
Key Performance Areas
• Complete service requests / incidents / tasks logged on Service desk timeously
• Ensure that team members complete all calls and tasks timeously
• Ensure that all third parties complete all calls and tasks timeously and escalate to Service Delivery Manager at signs of calls breaching
• Keep the business constantly updated when incidents arise, the duration thereof and resolution
• Adhere and contribute to Technical Services procedures
• Plan, deploy and maintain all Hybrid infrastructure
• Ensure all DR plans are accurate, maintained and adjusted where necessary
• Maintain all Information Security Controls applicable to the infrastructure team
• Project Management
• Complete documentation as required (Technical and Corporate e.g. Incident Reports)
Human Resources procedures and support
• Plan, schedule and participate Server Infrastructure team's standby weekend and public holiday shift rosters and leave schedules
• Manage the performance of all direct reports (formally and informally), ensuring that regular feedback is given/received, coaching, and mentoring on performance is given/received to enable continuous improvement
• Be actively involved in Individual Development Plan (IDP) for all direct reports and ensure that the agreed development interventions are delivered
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12/Matric/NQF 4
• 4 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• ITIL certification and /or experience
• Microsoft AD, System Center, HyperV, RDS, Microsoft Clusters, SAN, Veeam, VMWare, Linux, Hybrid Compute, Cloud, Azure, O365, InTune, AWS & EKS
• Keep Innovating – we have the courage to contribute new ideas and turn those ideas into reality.
• Think like an entrepreneur – we treat the business like it's our own.
• Keep it real – we are mindful of the impact of our words and actions.
• Raise the bar – we strive to deliver excellence in everything that we do.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link