Purpose of the job:
- As a recognized authority in supply chain technologies, the Solution Architect creates and maintains the architectures for the supply chain platforms and architecturally contributes to the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Extensive subject matter knowledge of supply chain is essential, including Product Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Demand & Supply Planning, Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Replenishment.
Support the Supply Chain Domain Architect with the Supply Chain Strategy, develop supply chain roadmaps and reference architectures, and assist with the governance of the technology selection in the supply chain domain:
- Provide input into the technology strategy and business priorities for supply chain management in the enterprise.
- Support the domain architect to develop the company’s supply chain management landscape roadmap and blueprints in line with the strategic business direction Maintain, socialise and enforce supply chain management standards, keeping technology stakeholders up to date with changes in the technology standards highlighting potential impact to the enterprise.
- Be clearly identified as the supply chain management solution architecture authority for all supply chain management technology and provide technical guidance and leadership in supply chain management technology proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest supply chain management technology trends and emerging technologies, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Create and present reference architectures as advice on the supply chain management architecture strategy for the organization.
Serve as the supply chain solution architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms enabled by supply chain technologies.
- Be clearly identified as the senior design authority as it relates to the supply chain management domains and provide technical guidance and leadership in solution proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall retail solution landscape.
- Detect critical deficiencies in supply chain management architectures and recommend improvements.
- Work with external service providers to drive projects to successful implementation.
- Review external and internal designs for supply chain management systems from a risk and technology perspective
- Ensure applicable Architecture and Design reviews are conducted for supply chain management solutions in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Mentor senior developers / designers / business analysts
Provide expert supply chain guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the supply chain strategy and technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
- Define and develop the overall supply chain management architecture landscape in partnership with the Supply Chain Domain Architect.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, supply chain management reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to supply chain management solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards
Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements:
- Contribute towards the framework for Solution Architecture and develop the policies and procedures and templates to guide and govern the Solution Architecture processes.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture principles and quality compliance criteria to guide technology decisions.
- Develop and set solution modeling standards and guidelines.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar) Architecture Framework Certified (TOGAF, ZACHMAN
- 10+ years working experience within the IT industry
- 5 years excellent architecture and design skills and proven track record delivering well-architected complex enterprise-class systems
- 5 years expert understanding of supply chain management architectures
- 5+ years Supply chain management technical experience and understanding of the current supply chain management requirements
- 10+ years’ experience with supply chain management in the domains of Supply Chain Management, Demand & Supply Planning, Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Replenishment
- 5 years strong understanding of solution architecture, enterprise architecture frameworks, reference architectures, information, and communication technologies, and business application patterns
- 5+ years’ Experience in architecting solutions in manufacturing operations management and quality control - desirable
- 3+ years’ Experience in product development and engineering - desirable
- 5+ years Good understanding of industry standards for manufacturing (ISA S95, ISA S88, OPC UA/ DA etc.) - desirable
- 2+ years’ Experience with IoT, Industry 4.0 or Digital Transformation - desirable
- 3+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices. - desirable
- 3 + years Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes would be advantageous. - desirable
- 3+ years Working experience with JDA Demand, JDA Enterprise Planning, INFOR WMS2000, Ortec, SAP Retail and Bamboo Rose –desirable
Knowledge and skills:
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain management Extensive experience with supply chain management Architectures, Migrations, and Implementations Implementation experience of various supply chain management vendor solutions (e.g. JDA, SAP, etc.)
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.