IT Delivery Manager: Cyber Security: Retail Industry: Cape Town
- To support high quality and high paced delivery of cyber security programs, projects, and initiatives across Client South Africa with the IT GRC & Cyber Team. To support the team with delivery, project management and coordination of complex tasks with a range of stakeholders. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town City Centre.
Responsible for security program and project management through the full lifecycle from requirements gathering to implementation
- In conjunction with the team, define and articulate programs, projects, and initiatives in support of the Cyber and IT GRC strategy and roadmap.
- Define and obtain requirements in support of cyber initiatives.
- Create, prioritize, and manage Epics, Issues and Tasks that make up programs and projects.
- Maintain program and project delivery dashboards.
- Develop and maintain resource demand dashboards.
Cyber Security and GRC business process engineering
- Identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve delivery at pace in a complex environment.
Responsible for driving the delivery of security programs and projects
- Primary point of contact between the team and IT stakeholders on new and recurring projects.
- Represent the team at the relevant IT Portfolio and Procurement forums to manage resources and delivery.
- Coordinate projects through IT Portfolio project management processes.
Establish relationships with key stakeholders for effective cross-team collaboration and implementation of security projects.
- Maintain dashboards of progress for stakeholder reporting.
- Grade 12 and relevant degree/diploma (3 years)
- Up to 10 years’ experience in IT and security with a minimum of 3 years in a delivery or project manager role
- Proven track record of delivering on complex IT projects
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Proven track record of business and stakeholder relationship management
- Ability to translate technical cyber security requirements into deliverables
- Solid documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to break down large complex programs into smaller agile delivery items
- Building and sustaining relationships is a critical success factor.
- Security and risk project experience highly beneficial
- Experience in security business analysis is an advantage
- Knowledge of PCI and security frameworks (ISF, NIST and ATT&CK) is an advantage
- Understands what is commercially achievable and makes sound business decisions.
- Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organizational metrics and trends.
- Knowledge of Client IT and cyber security landscape, including systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
- Is aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends, and best practices, and apply findings
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information
- Accurately interprets the moods, feelings and reactions of others and adjusts own behavior to build effective relationships within the organization and with its business partners
- Applies diplomacy and tact, demonstrating respect for differing perspectives
- Understands the perspectives of others to establish mutually beneficial objectives
- Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues to enhance performance throughout the organization
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to adapt to change
Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates email@example.com