One Africa's largest fast-moving consumer goods retailer has a vacancy for a Buyers Assistant who MUST have previous experience within a retail buying environment.
You will assist the Buyer with effectively capturing buying-related data on the buying system. Handle all captured data-related queries from customers, suppliers, and stores through the efficient and effective execution of all operational and administrative functions related to the buying process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Capturing buying-related data on the system Placing orders, processing purchase orders and invoices Handling administrative and data queries from vendors, suppliers, DC’s, and stores Quality checking all information inputted and captured.
- Filing of documents/information.
- Capturing of data accurately and timeously.
- Requesting supplier and store performance reports from systems as requested by Buyers Resolving store queries (via e-mail and telephonic) professionally and accurately.
- Providing a secretarial service to Buyers.
- The role works collaboratively with the Buyer and Buying team to ensure commercial targets are met and requires a highly organized and detail orientated individual with good energy and drive to deliver on expectations and get things done.
Knowledge and Skills
- Verbal and written Communication Skills
- Computer literacy - GSuite and SAP
- Retail Administrative Skills –
- Data Capturing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem Solving Skills
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Ensure correct cost is loaded on DC to enable the Planner to order stock.
- Determine/extrapolate the correct pricing for different units of measure so that the correct pack size, cost, and unit sale price on supplier vendor number are accurately loaded.
- Quality check cost and sales price loading after Buyers and Planners set up clusters (group per brand and store size/layout module), immediately correcting any errors identified.
- Capture and load retail prices ensuring a high degree of accuracy and meticulousness.
- Timeously resolve store queries raised as incidents (e.g., DC misspeaks, supplier barcode irregularities) and range / derange as appropriate.
- Facilitate and support Checkline with consumer queries, (e.g., stock availability and placing orders), arranging IBTs as required.
- Maintain accurate, timeous loading of newly listed products on SAP Buying as approved by the Buyer.
- Inform DC Planner of new products and provide them with ties and highs as provided by supplier listing form/master data. Set flags on the system to range/list products at the store level.
- Liaise with Replenishers to ensure orders are placed and to relay Buyers’ delivery dates.
- Timeously capture deranging and markdowns.
- De/link items from DC after items have been discontinued from supplier/no longer viable for exports.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate filing of invoices, costing documents, new article forms, and update documents per supplier.
- Generate comprehensive reports for appropriate actioning and reviews by the Buyer.
- Monitor and track progress and performance against KPI’s and proactively resolve issues or escalate to Buyer as required.
- Grade 12 certificate – (essential)
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar capacity or role, executing administrative functions and support related to the buying or planning process – (essential).
Knowledge and Skills
- Exposure to a retail buying environment – (essential).
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 with well-developed Excel skills to prepare detailed spreadsheets using formulas – (essential).
- Exposure to SAP Buying / Retail – (desired).