JUNIOR BI Analyst
An innovative medical device company situated in Pretoria East is looking to employ an Junior BI Analyst with 1-4 years’ experience to join their dynamic team.
Business Intelligence refers to data-driven decision making with the help of aggregation, analysis and visualization of data to strategize and manage business processes and policies. The BI Analyst is expected to perform this function in the company, across our marketing departments in the B2C division and to assist business in the interpretation of such data to guide marketing strategy and process optimization, ultimately increasing company profitability.
- Minimum education (essential):
- Relevant Information Technology degree or diploma
- BEng Industrial Engineering
Minimum education (desirable):
- Certification in BI or BI tools
Minimum applicable experience (years):
Required nature of experience:
- Two (2) + years of proven experience in data analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, formulas)
- Experience maintaining, administrating business reports using BI tools like:
- Power BI
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills and root-cause analysis ability
- Experience in the medical tech field would be beneficial
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL automation and optimization
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Proven experience as an analyst (BI, MI or RTA)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge in technology such as Power BI, MEAN Stack, QlikView/QlikSense or Tableau.
- Ability to interpret code and support applications, reports and processes
- Experience with Pardot or Salesforce will be advantageous
- Experience with BI in digital marketing and consumer industries will be advantageous
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, WEIGHTS AND OBJECTIVES
Business Intelligence 50%
Update and maintain reports and dashboards
Analyse and translate business needs to technical specifications for BI solutions.
Reporting and maintenance of collection (ETL), storage and display of data.
Create visualizations and reports to monitor data.
Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
Effectively use a suite of projects and products, all within different stages of development and implementation.
Continuous Improvement and Development 20%
- Troubleshoot data fields and dashboards to ensure accuracy of information and interpretations being provided.
- Ensure scheduled updating of business intelligence tools, dashboards and databases.
- Identify issues, bugs, and bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions.
Interpretation and Strategy Advisory 10%
- Advise on risk analysis and mitigation using the output from the BI tools implemented.
- Manage tasks and priorities within product suite.
Communication and Documentation 20%
- Maintain policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
- Communicate proactively, effectively and efficiently with stakeholders
- Maintain documentation including requirements, design and user manuals.
- Compile relevant records as is necessary for compliance to ISO, HIPAA, GDPR, CE, FDA (and other) standards and requirements as is applicable to assigned products and systems.
- Efficient and effective reporting on prioritisation and tasks to Line Manager.
- Efficient and effective reporting on performance of BI products and systems.
- Take personal ownership for projects and work quality as well as contributing to team development and the hearX ecosystem as a whole.
System Administration 25%
- Create and maintain workflows in Pardot.
- Manage the system setup and access on the Pardot side.
- R 25 000 – R 35 000 (Includes a guaranteed 13th cheque, risk benefit and pension fund contribution)