Our client, a leading international diversified natural resources company is currently working on strategic growth projects across the Globe. The project is being executed under EPC and the client is searching for a suitably experienced and qualified Engineer to join their dynamic team in the Northern Cape as the Project Lead. The successful incumbent will manage all related project design and execution work by providing technical and functional leadership that will ensure effective implementation of the project within the required scope, budget and timeframes. He/She will work hand in hand with the Owner’s Engineering team and EPC business partner team in the successful completion of the project.
Provided the successful incumbent excels and proves themselves, opportunity exists in the Growth Projects space for further development and opportunity in other Iron ore, Base Metals, Beneficiation and Renewable projects.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Duties & Responsibilities
- Relevant degree (BEng, BSc, BTech) in Mining / Chemical / Metallurgical / Projects / or similar
- PMBOK / PMP or similar Project Management qualification would be beneficial.
- 8+ years’ experience in Iron Ore plants or similar
- Previous project management experience in executing projects under EPC
- Excellent understanding of mining environment
- Cross functional engineering knowledge
- Management experience in leading diverse teams
- Legislative, SA stds and codes of practice knowledge
- Expertise in Design / Engineering review and on-site construction
- Relevant Commissioning experience
- Strong Safety Focus
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.
- Ensure overall success of Project (within set timeframes, scope & budget)
- Provide leadership, direction and control to all relevant project members, as well as Owners Engineer and EPC business partner
- Design and construction oversight and due diligence
- Contract management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- People management
- Ensure sound financial and quality control approach is followed
- Effectively managing partner interfaces and deliverables
- Schedule monitoring, control and optimization
- Inspecting and reviewing project performance to monitor compliance
- Ensure operational readiness for new plant
- Ensuring successful commissioning and contract close-out