Our client, a national manufacturing company currently seeks a qualified Production & Maintenance Controller, to supervise the safe execution of all activities in the Thermo Felts plant which includes the extrusion, Thermobond, Tech Felt and calendar lines to ensure the achievement of production and quality targets.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Matric with Mathematics and Science essential.
- Millwright qualified a must.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a production environment.
- Supervisory skills a must.
- Production focused with technical background to detail with "on-line" technical issues.
Key Performance Areas:
- Set and adjust manufacturing/production machine conditions to produce quality finished product.
- Supervise the work unit to achieve work unit objectives.
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems and sub-standard performance.
- Control the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that production plan is carried out.
- Ensure efficient use of raw materials.
- Responsible for time keeping of all employees on shift.
- Receive maintenance schedules, interpret instructions and plan maintenance and repair work.
- Inspect the machinery and determine spares and consumables requirements.
- Generate job requisitions for scheduled maintenance work (type of repair or maintenance, spares, quantities, time, etc.).
- Isolate equipment, perform lockouts and make the work area safe.
- Conduct the planning of Preventive Maintenance activities.
- Attend to minor machine breakdowns of a mechanical/electrical nature for all equipment under engineering functional control.
- Capture all information related to the breakdown to aid in determining the root cause.
- Perform routine minor maintenance.
- Diagnose and repair faults on equipment and machinery during production/operation.
- Ensure maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot machine functioning.
- Monitor maintenance of manufacturing equipment, tooling and services.
- Conduct the monthly stock take and identify process waste and minimize.
- Update the Shift Production results.
- Report on production and machinery downtime.