Our client, a specialist firm in securing data, maintenance and management of storage infrastructure solutions is seeking a Solutions Architect: Business Development to join their team, based in the Johannesburg area. Minimum Requirements:
- Technical Diploma, NQF 6, or relevant technical experience.
- Beneficial: NQF 7 qualification or higher.
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting technologies architecture.
- 10+ years working experience within the IT industry with storage and backup.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- MS Office literacy (Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook essential).
- Skills with Azure and AWS.
- Experience with MS Project.
- Data management knowledge and certification advantageous.
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture and the data lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of cloud architecture.
- Backup technology e.g.
- Commvault and,
- Rubrik knowledge.
- Innovate new solutions and keep up with new emerging technologies.
- Analyze and understand the business requirements and translate the requirements into a technical solution architecture.
- Analyzing the enterprise specifics and technology environment.
- Cost the proposal and solutions end-to-end.
- Document requirements.
- Creating solution prototypes.
- Participating in technology selection.
- Understanding of finance and business processes.
- Identification and formulation of solution alternatives and solution architecture.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and technical architects to devise client solutions.
- Enable Proof-of-Concepts for proposed solutions.
- Present proposals and solutions to customers.
- Present and research internally on emerging and new solutions and technologies.
- Provide high-level designs and technical architecture.
- Perform as a Tech-Lead in the design, implementation, and development of solutions.
- Work in partnership with Account Managers, Engineers and Project Managers.
- Interact with clients to create requirement specifications for technical designs and proposals.
Submissions for this vacancy will close on 10th September 2021, however you will still have the opportunity to submit your CV for this position till 02nd of October 2021.
Thank you for submitting your CV to Marvel Placement Consultants. We value your submission, and we try our utmost best to get back to each applicant. However, should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of application, please consider your application as unsuccessful. We are however recruitment specialists and will keep your details on our database for possible future opportunities.
Please note that Marvel Placement Consultants adhere to the POPI Act (Act No. 4 of 2013: Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013). Section 9 of PoPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive”.