National company in the financial sector is looking for an experienced Quantitative Analyst to join their Johannesburg Team. The ideal candidate will be required to plan, build, optimise and implement innovative quantitative analytical methodologies, procedures, products and advanced mathematical models that provide analytical support and interpret insights, to address business opportunities and problems and implement business strategy, with minimal guidance.
Qualifications and skills:
- Assess own performance through seeking timely, and clear feedback and request training where appropriate
- Contribute to creative business solutions, optimisation of processes and conduct statistical modelling and data analysis to inform strategic decisions, under limited supervision
- Implement localised Analytics strategy to address business needs, under limited supervision
- Focus on providing optimal services and improving service delivery processes to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ensure compliance to legislative and audit requirements and adherence to relevant processes
- Degree in Maths, Stats, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics or Actuarial Science
- Preferred Qualification - Honours Degree
- Experience - 3 - 5 years experience in a data environment, of which 1 - 2 years ideally at a junior specialist level
- Deep domain knowledge with regards to financial services: Credit, Pricing, Marketing, CVM, Trading etc.
- Design thinking
- Analytics Ops, Agile and SAFe concepts will assist
- Concepts such as: Exploratory data analysis, Data Science Pipeline lines
- Hands on experience using model such as: Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machines, Classifications, Boosting Algorithms, Time Series, Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction
- Data and Information Management topics e.g. structure, dimensions, storage