Our client based in Port Elizabeth is seeking the expertise of an Electrical Technician to provide electrical engineering and technical services to support the achievement of operational targets, whilst striving for optional availability and safety within own area of responsibility. Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 Certificate (NQF 4)
- National Diploma in Electronic/ Electrical/ Information Technology (NQF 6)
- BTech: Engineering: Electrical (Light Current) or IT
- Up to 3 years’ experience as an Electronic/ Electrical/ Technician in a Manufacturing environment.
- Computer Literacy (Basic MS Office; and SAP, ERP Systems and other job-specific software systems)
- Proficiency in PLC’s and robots
- Housekeeping and safety principles
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Problem Solving and Fault Finding skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Focused
- Attention to detail
Technical Support and Maintenance Control
- Performs daily planned maintenance and preventative maintenance routines.
- Conducts fault diagnosis and repairs to equipment throughout the site.
- Provides electrical engineering and technical services compliant with Production requirements.
- Maintains machine process capabilities.
- Maintains and programs PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens and Festo)
- Installation and setup of VSD and process electronic instrumentation.
- Keeps abreast with all equipment and process-related requirements through the use of maintenance manuals and production process instructions.
- Provides ad hoc technical support throughout the Factory as and when instructed.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Identifies and reports risks or areas of concern to management within area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure.
- Maintains effective working relationships with employees and customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Identifies and solves problems whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with core values
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.
- Promotes the effective and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Controls expenditure and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and guidelines and report deviations to direct Manager.
- Explores opportunities to control and reduce costs.