Excellent opportunity for an experienced Audit Manager to join an established an expanding audit firm in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town.
This firm of Chartered Accountants (SA) and Registered Auditors offers a variety of services with the aim of continuously looking for cost-effective, value-added solutions to their clients’ business needs.
The candidate should preferably be a CA(SA) but suitable and experienced AGA(SA)’s and PA(SA)’s will also be considered. Strong tax knowledge and experience in managing SAICA trainees is required.
The audit manager will be in charge of managing (including billing) a client portfolio consisting of individual taxpayers, companies, close corporations and trusts. This will mostly entail:
- Audits (Corporate audits, Estate Agent audits, Attorney Trust audits, Body Corporate audits)
- Independent Reviews
- Compilation of financial statements
- Management of staff members, mainly SAICA trainees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce client reports (AFS, Minutes, Certificates, Management letters, etc.).
- Propose and finalise audit opinions.
- Audit assignment budget planning and management.
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance in relation to budget.
- Conduct full audit file reviews and related reports to ensure the relevant files are ready for sign-off.
- Perform tax return reviews.
- Manage resourcing and plotting of staff members on audit engagements.
- Work allocations as required by individual audit assignments.
- Ensure audit planning documentation is completed.
- Approve timesheets.
- Perform billings and manage WIP.
- Performance management of staff members including, continuously providing feedback to staff.
- Provide technical assistance to staff members (where required).
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CA(SA) preferred.
- AGA(SA) or Professional Accountant (SA) with audit experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years post articles experience.
- Must have experience in managing and training SAICA trainees.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS for SME's, IFRS, ISA.
- Strong tax knowledge.
- Experience with CaseWare.
- R360,000 to R600,000 pa cost to company salary including benefits.
- Company provident fund contributions at 12.5%.
- Performance-based bonuses.