Finance and IT Systems Executive – Durbanville, Cape Town
Competitive Package on offer!
Our client, a reputable and established Recycling and Waste Management concern is in search of hands-on Finance professional.
One would describe you as being an all-round technically accounting and IT systems savvy individual who possesses strong business and financial acumen as well as approachable interpersonal and relationship building skills with people on all different levels.
You are solutions minded, a problem solver who is highly adaptable to change whilst still placing strong emphasis on financial accuracy, attention to detail, time management, improving of efficiencies and teamwork.
Purpose of the Role:
Be responsible for the effective management of all financial and contractual tasks for the organisation, oversee most of the financial aspects of the business and be responsible for the flow of accurate and timeous financial data to the company stakeholders. In addition to this, the role will also be responsible for evaluating the functionality of IT Systems and identifying opportunities that would maximize productivity within the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports.
- Manage the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Prepare and report on monthly Management Accounts.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Manage organisational cash flow and forecasting.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with external auditors, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of all assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded and amortized.
- Support the CEO with financial reporting as required for Board and Annual General Meetings.
- Manage tax reporting and compliance
Budget preparation and Five-Year Plan Forecasting
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with CEO and Executive of Projects and Operations.
- Support the CEO, Project Managers and Enterprise Development Manager with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
- Review of progress against the agreed 5-year plan.
- Maintain the existing levy collection invoicing and payment control process.
Project Management Accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Ensure that accurate and timely statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
- Document control of formal contracts and all supporting documentation.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that the projects and organisational risks are minimised.
- Advise on appropriate insurance coverage.
- Negotiate with Banks for any required financial services.
- Manage payroll function
- Leave administration
- Liaise with external B-BBEE consultants
- Collate B-BBEE information for verification
- Evaluate the functionality of IT Systems.
- Identify opportunities that would maximize productivity.
- Manage the EPR Online platform.
- Oversee the management of all contracts and other financial commitments.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organisation and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organisation is compliant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A degree in finance and/or accounting or related field is essential.
- Registered Chartered Accountant required
- 5-10 years’ experience in financial management, particularly in the development, monitoring and reporting of the financial status of the organisation.
- Experience reporting to CEO and board delegated committees.
- Proven passion and / or experience gained within the Waste Management / Recycling / Sustainability / Plastic Manufacturing and / or related Project Management / Donor / Grant Funding exposure would be highly beneficial!
- 5+ years People Management experience.
- Proven Budgetary Management experience
- Highly and proven proficiency on MS Excel and MS Office as a whole
- Working knowledge of Sage and / or Xero and / or other financial planning software is essential
- Valid Driver’s Licence – required
- Own Vehicle
- Business English – required
- African Language – beneficial
To apply for this role, please forward an updated and detailed copy of your CV to Andrea Jones: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org and Nicole Spamers: email@example.com