The digital marketing department of a prestigious financial institution has a vacancy for a data analyst to analyse large data sets and make recommendations regarding primarily digital marketing strategies.
The successful candidate will be an individual with a solid understanding of data science, applied mathematics and statistics, who with inherent commercial savvy will be able to influence the organisation’s digital marketing strategies in order to benefit the bottom line. As the Digital Marketing Analyst, you will work across all performance channels and use business products including but not limited to Google Marketing Platforms to help grow a loyal customer base.
A University degree or post-graduate qualification in a quantitative discipline in Statistics, Informatics, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics or similar.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience;
- Working with large data sets to drive insights and recommendations;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on driving performance;
- Being Google certified would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of different Microsoft packages, with a key focus on Excel;
- Advanced MS-Excel;
- Sales orientated;
- Have excellent organisational skills;
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy;
- A natural flair for and understanding of digital opportunities;
- Excellent numerical and analytical ability;
- Administrative and time management skills;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work in a team;
- A highly driven and proactive nature;
- Knowledge of websites, apps and HTML is preferable.
- Knowledge in the use of Google Ads, Google Analytics, the Google 360 suite (Big Query, Data Studio, etc.) and Google Cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience in data programming languages like SQL etc.
- Knowledge of statistical packages (R, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of SDK and API integrations between services.
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns using digital channels;
- Taking ownership for the successful delivery and deployment of creative campaigns across display platforms;
- Running programmatic campaigns, developing strategies and optimisation to work towards defined targets;
- Working within a specified budget;
- Partner with marketing team members to develop integrated efforts across channels, on new and upcoming campaigns;
- Analysing digital user behaviour, marketing campaigns, and product usage to identify opportunities for ads marketing teams
- Develop a total understanding of digital audiences marketing through targeting techniques;
- Measure and analyse performance continually to make recommendations on how to drive more conversions, better return on ad spend (ROAS), cost per acquisition (CPA) targets and improve customer lifetime value (LTV).
- Providing input in capturing the customer journey from impression to completion of a sale;
- Provide ongoing and actionable lost-opportunity analysis to improve performance
- Provide campaign performance reporting and statistical analysis on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; as well as any other segmented reporting to support actionable insights.
- Digital acquisition funnel analysis, A/B testing and optimization;
- Google analytics of search engine marketing, display advertising and web/app analytics;
- Build models to support marketing initiatives;
- Improve processes and databases where opportunities arise;
- Serves as a skilled consultant/researcher to important marketing performance and spend;
- Develop and maintain meaningful marketing KPI dashboards
- Stay on top of the always-evolving digital marketing landscape, from industry news to emerging technology to better understand an apply the current market trends to customers’ behavioural changes.
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Team Lead with day-to-day tasks and ad-hoc implementation including the writing of creative briefs for creative needs across Search, Video and Display and facilitating the compliance process.