Our client is a fast-growing property management firm based in Fulham, London, with an extensive and ever-increasing portfolio of properties across London.
They are looking to expand their team and services with the addition of a HR Assistant to help manage their portfolio, that includes short-term and long-term covers and administrative support.
This is an entry level position, and the right applicant will be given full support in training toward their further qualification in order to progress within the industry.
Please note that this is a remotely working position.
The remit of the HR and Admin team has grown and to meet increasing demands from our client for HR services, this is an opportunity for the right person to flourish and establish themselves as a valued staff member within a dynamic property management company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-house recruitment and scheduling (for both offices – UK and South Africa based).
- Employee life cycle monitoring, which includes hiring, pre-boarding, onboarding, probation reviews, performance and appraisals, time off / absence management, organisational changes, termination policies, offboarding, and HRIS.
- Administrating UK Payroll (PayEscape software).
- Organising training sessions within the organisation and keeping an up-to-date record of training taken on the company HR software.
- Ensuring that processes are being followed, e.g., when booking time off, transferring phone calls, organising new starters and leavers documents.
- Organising disciplinary and grievance hearings to the UK standards.
- Preparation of relevant documentation of meetings and taking minutes.
- Organising TUPE transfers.
- Carrying out HR investigations.
- Supporting Head of HR in policy and company procedures creations.
- Creating job descriptions and person specification.
- Working closely with Directors to ensure, that building objectives are met.
- Organising short-term and long-term covers with agencies.
- Attending occasional online meetings with the Head of HR and Directors.
- Collaborating and supporting HR and Admin team on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Tools needed to do the role:
- Excellent academic and / or professional qualifications.
- Willingness to study towards CIPD qualifications.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting correspondence and documents.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and be organised and efficient.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to identify differences between various contracts (permanent, fixed-term, 0-hours contract, maternity cover etc.).
- Previous experience in payroll.
- Experience in recruitment.
- Experience in arranging short-term and long-term covers with agencies.
- Experience in managing the administration of the full employee life cycle.
Attributes / behaviours the role holder must possess to be successful in the role:
- Able to show an understanding and commitment to good customer care.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving, with emphasis on fast and practical solutions.
- Experience of dealing with Directors / Stakeholders in a courteous and helpful way by keeping them advised of progress and offering them a solution to their problem.
- Understands the process of team working and the part they play in ensuring objectives are met.
- Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility for own actions and development opportunities, maintaining high levels of integrity.
- Commitment to equality, diversity, and mutual respect; accepting differences and treating everyone fairly.
- Focused on resolving problems and taking ownership of finding solutions.
- Maintain a culture in which people take ownership for our customer’s care experience.
- Exceed expectations to improve the services delivered.
- Develop strategies to enable the customer to be treated as an individual.
- Keen to take on new challenges.
- Enthusiastic and proud to work for the company and desire to add value.
Remotely working position.
Salary range: R15 000 – R20 000 per month depending on experience.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.