- Labour advise.
- Give telephonic labour advise
- Ability to Charge and Chair disciplinary enquiries for the Council members
- Draft affidavits, condonation applications and pleadings
- Representing members of the Council at the relative Legislative Forum e.g.
- CCMA and Bargaining Council,
- In respect of disputes
- As a counsellor on councils where we have seats
- At consultative forums or where there is an opportunity to comment on labour legislation
- Ensure that members are reminded when their renewals are due and investigate where members do not renew their membership
- Canvassing for new members
- Meet interested parties (Franchisors etc)
- Finalize business strategy plan - how to add value to members
- Visiting the Council members to advise them of the benefits of membership
- Giving the Council Executive feedback monthly around membership and finances
- Ensure that the proper book of accounts is maintained in the prescribed format
- Ensure that the annual financial audit is conducted and the signed financials are submitted to DOL
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met
- Investigate complaints and/or disputes involving members
- Dispute Advisors
- Ensure an up-to-date record is kept of all dispute advisors, what area they are in and if they specialise in an industry
- Dispute advisors are representatives of the Council, where possible review that their conduct is in line with expectations
- Where dispute advisors are employed with another company ensure that we have regular communication with a representative of that company
- Liaising with other the Council consultants with respect to, but not limited to, membership fees, meetings, enquiries etc.
- Investigate and complaints involving dispute advisors
- Where possible review correspondence that is going out in the name of the Council
- Training and Information Sessions
- Attend on behalf of the Council
- Conduct training or information sessions as requested and/or necessary
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minute, especially but not limited to, Annual General Meeting, Monthly Exco Meetings and Special General Meetings
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings
- Receiving agenda items from committee members
- Circulate notice of meetings, agendas and reports
- Arrange venue and refreshments
- Taking minutes (unless there is a minute's secretary)
- Circulating approved minutes
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out.
- Maintaining effective records and administration.
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e., names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the exco and members of the organisation
- Filing minutes and reports
- Compiling lists of names and addresses that are useful to the organisation
- Keeping a record of the organisation's activities
- Keeping a diary of future activities
- Upholding legal requirements.
- Acting as custodian of the organisation's governing documents
- Checking quorum is present at meetings
- Ensuring elections are in line with stipulated procedures
- Ensuring the organisation's activities are in line with its objectives
- Ensuring legal requirements are met
- Communication and Respondents.
- Responding to all committee correspondence
- Filing all committee correspondence received and copies of replies sent
- Keeping a record of any of the organisation's publications (e.g., leaflets or newsletters)
- Communicate to members any changes in legislation
- Reporting the activities of the organisation and future programmes to members
- Preparing a report of the organisation's activities for the year, for the Annual General Meeting.
- Keep the Council website up to date
- Administrative secretary.
- Keeping the Council membership list updated and Issuing members with certificates of membership
- Taking minutes in the once-a-month the Council Executive meeting
- Managing the Council bank accounts with respect to receipts of payments and payments of salaries, meeting fees etc.
- Drawing up financial statements for the Council annually
- LLB / B Proc / Admitted Attorney
- 10 years of Bargaining Council experience
- Experience in Finance, Sales/Marketing and Social media
- Advanced Excel skills
- Own car
- Able to travel daily
- Only SA Citizens will be considered
Kencorp Executive Search
P O Box 136893 Alberton North
Kencorp Executive Search was founded early 2005 and offers the combined expertise of 20 years of experience. Kencorp specializes in sourcing and placing professional and experienced candidates in the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, IT and Legal industries. We provide a fully comprehensive service including screening and reference checking for all our candidates which includes a candidate database and a guarantee period on all our candidates placed. This is to safe-guard you, our client, as well as the candidate and ensures that you are completely satisfied that you have made the right choice for your organization and that the candidate is happy in their new working environment.
Kencorp strives to bring you:
- Increased profits and sales
- Decreased costs
Kencorp is proud to be a member of APSO and runs the business strictly according to the APSO Code of Ethics. The Company prides itself in staff solutions for the ultimate results in Client needs and Candidate career choice. The aim is for successful permanent placements and Client/Candidate satisfaction. We are a BEE compliant company and have EME Certification.