HR Administrator (JB1809)
R9 000.00 to 12 000.00
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident Fund, Group Life Cover
To create and maintain an efficient and accessible personnel filing system and give overall administration support to the human resources department
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management / Administration would be beneficial.
- 2 Years administration / data capturing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall Human Resources Support:
- Perform any reasonable request in order to support the Human Resources Department to reach their objectives.
- Maintain and develop a filing system in relation to own responsibilities and function.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline, conduct and appearance at all times whenever representing the company through an exceptionally good attitude and work.
- Ensure that no confidential and personal information of any employee is accessible by unauthorized individuals. This may include archiving employee files as soon as possible / according to company policies.
- Create and distribute employment confirmation letters as and when required.
- Create and distribute a monthly staff list to the relevant authorized personnel.
Creating New Personnel Files:
- Receive all relevant documentation for a new employee from the relevant employee. This includes his / her CV, SARS form, proof of banking, relevant certificates, application form, EEA form, contract, etc.
- Ensure that all the required documents are present by comparing it with the updated checklist which should be placed in the front of the file.
- Inform the Human Resources Manager / Generalist and payroll department of the outstanding information.
- Ensure that all employee files are saved on the electronic database.
- All employee files must be labelled with the Employee code, Initials and Surname.
- Check that all the required signatures and administrative information are on the documents and obtain these signatures where and when required. Sign as witness if required.
- Check if the applicant is registered with PSIRA and file proof thereof.
- Send the file to the payroll department to put on the payroll system.
- Maintaining files
- Ensure that all employee documents are filled in the correct location.
- File and maintain personnel files and ensure it complies with company and legal requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are saved on the electronic database.
- Answer all queries relating to personnel records and files and provide the authorized employees with documents requested.
- Ensure that all filing is done and up to date by each Friday.
- Keep the filing cabinet locked at all times to maintain confidentiality
Reports and Audits:
- Do file audits to ensure that all the required documents are kept on file according to company and legal requirements once a year.
- Ensure that the branch monthly reports are updated as and when documents are received for the personnel files. This includes the following spreadsheets:
- List of documents outstanding of newly appointed employees.
- Psira certificates;
- Contract renewals;
- Non- conformances;
- Competency certificates.
- Ensure that the branch monthly reports are distributed to the relevant employees monthly.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for the Training done (in-service and externally) and make sure it is updated weekly.
- Develop and maintain a database for the Training (in-service and externally) and make sure it is updated weekly.
- Send the updated Training database to the HR Manager Every Friday.
- Provide assistance in compiling training material as and when required.
- Distribute all training certificates received and ensure that a copy of the certificate is kept in the training- as well as the personnel file.
Performance Appraisal Administration:
- Develop and maintain a database for all Performance Appraisals yearly.
- Send a Performance Appraisal report to the HR Manager as and when changes are made to the database.
- Compile training needs from Performance Appraisals.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for all Performance Appraisals yearly
- Ensure that all CV’s and certificates of employees needed for a Tender are on the correct Template and handed in on time.
- Ensure that all documentation needed for Tenders from the HR Department are completed according to standard and handed in on time.
- Remove all files and folders from the cabinets as and when required.
- File the files and folders removed in the archive boxes in such an order that it is easily retrievable.
- Keep track of the archived files and folders by means of an excel spreadsheet and send the updated list to the relevant parties.
- Label the boxes according to the spreadsheet and ensure that it is stored in the archive according to ISO requirements
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.