Our client, a company that provide various HR Solutions is looking for a Senior PHP Developer
The Senior PHP Developer will be responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of all Systems related to their specific products. Streamlining and improving of the software product related operations. Assisting in improving efficiency of data import/extraction systems. Assisting, advising, and coaching fellow developers and colleagues. A love for data & databases, as this will be your day-to-day playground in the Back-End environment
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- 6 years' experience within a development role, coding in PHP
- 4 – 6 years' experience in using MS SQL or MYSQL
- Creating table structures
- Running complex SQL queries
- Managing SQL databases (backups etc.)
- 3 – 4 years' experience within DevOps environment, having had exposure to deployments, builds, managing servers etc. And working with cloud-based platforms
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Degree in Computer Science or related IT Degree
- 6 years’ experience in a development role
- Exposure of billing or financial systems is advantageous
- A Positive Attitude: No matter how big or small your business is, you want to know that the PHP developer you work with is enthusiastic about creating the perfect website for you.
- Great Communication Skills: A great developer must be able to understand problems you want solved and propose solutions to you in a coherent manner.
- Excellent Time Management: A great developer has a strong work ethic and will work hard to keep you informed, meet with you when necessary and complete his work.
- Ability to learn quickly: A great developer will find different resources, talk to the right people and find the best solution.
- Broad Technical Experience: A great developer has broad, and deep, experience in a number of technologies, especially those that are relevant to creating your website.
- End- User Focus: Keeping his eye on the end-user experience is what really separates a great developer from a good or average one.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on the level of work: Strategic Development (Level 2/3)
- Influencing People
- Leading Change
- Reports to Chief Technology Officer
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Works closely with: - Solution Lead
- Quality Assurance
- Business Analysts
- Project Owners
- Project Managers
- Work closely with the IT team in completing projects.
- Troubleshoot and fix any issues relating to PHP programs.
- Ensure smooth operations of web processes and infrastructure.
- Create scripts to facilitate client systems to meet performance and objectives.
- Test and develop software for client applications.
- Create documentation for software created.
- Utilize source debuggers and write or modify client software.
- Produce results effectively and within the deadlines set.
- Attend formal and informal learning sessions as deemed necessary
- Agile thinking approach in development and management
- Problem-solving abilities in code development and application
- Investigate spec given and in collaboration with BA team, ascertain the following:
- Whether spec is viable given current architecture
- Impact on current functionalities
- Whether spec is in line with organizational objectives
- Enforcement and creation of good coding and repository practices , tooling such as GIT or BitBucket.
- Plan and estimations of prioritized items of value
- To operate within the existing eco-system and platform journey SDLC process.
- Review code committed to GitLab before accepting the merge request
- To aid in creating the technical direction of a system
- In the event of Dev Comeback, the following process is followed:
- Review specification
- Review code
- Plan for within current or future iterations
- Identify and analyse user requirements
- Prioritize, assign, and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Review, test, and debug team members’ code
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Ensure our applications are secure and up to date
- Assisting in incident resolution and root cause analysis
- Writing clean, fast, and high-quality PHP scripts; ensuring they're scalable, and delivering them on time
- Testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining software and databases so that websites and applications run smoothly
- Working to specifications to improve the code-base and optimize the performance of websites and applications
- Follow industry and PHP best practices to contribute to development lifecycles
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.