Our client in the Automotive industry is seeking a Senior HR Professional to join their company based in East London.
The purpose of this role is to Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on HR fundamentals, talent acquisition, process training, and employee engagement, communication, and union relations.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
- Relevant degree/diploma with qualification in Human Resources.
- At least 5 years of industrial relations experience.
- At least 5 years of generalist HR experience.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of the CCMA / Bargaining Council processes.
- Sound understanding of applicable legislation, including MIBCO Main Agreement.
- The ability to always act professionally and be a trusted business advisor.
- Must have the ability to resolve conflicts in an amicable manner.
- Strong communication.
- Be flexible.
- Ability to take full responsibility and accountability as per the scope of work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of HR programs and activities in a manner that promotes communication and involvement at all levels.
- High level HR administration, analytics, and reporting.
- Ensure the quality, delivery, and responsiveness of the HR department.
- Recruitment / Onboarding / Exits.
- Responsible for the entire Recruitment and Selection process of new staff members.
- Ensure applicable Approval to recruit documentation is received.
- Assist applicable management with the preparation of the internal/external advertisement.
- Support the plant training and development program in relation to the skills development and on the job training.
- Drive plant communication process and support management team to improve employee morale.
- Drive Employee Survey actions, provide professional expertise for supervisors in creating and executing action plans.
- Coordinate BBBEE activities, including reporting and analytics.
- Champion the delivery of the Plant’s Employment Equity Plan.
- Ensure sound employment practices and legal compliance is always adhered to in terms of relevant legislation and collective agreements.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained and applied fairly and consistently in the workplace.
- Represent the company at DRC (Dispute Resolution Centre) and CCMA.
- Present appropriate IR related training when required.
- Tracking and reporting on HR measurable/Balanced Scored Cards as well as Key Performance Indicators.
- Schedule and attend respective plant level meetings.
- To assist with various HR Projects/surveys as and when required and all other tasks as assigned.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.