Position: Payroll Administrator
Location: Durban, Riverhorse Valley
Reporting to: Payroll Manager
Purpose of the Position:
- Minimum 5 years Full Function Payroll Administration and Bargaining Council Administration experience
- Working Knowledge of BCOE, PAYE, UIF, SDL, WCA/IOD, Benefits and Bargaining Councils
- Advanced Level of Computer Literacy
- Good Communication Skills at all levels – Approachable yet confidently and politely assertive
- Methodical; Attention to Detail; Accuracy
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Job Prioritization
- Results Driven
- Effective Query Resolution
- Professional Manner
- Positive Attitude
- High Level of Energy
- Sage VIP
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day Payroll Processing ensuring 100% accuracy, compliance, and meeting of deadlines.
- Ensure full understanding of Client SLA requirements & adherence to all applicable Legislative Obligations.
- Maintain overall Legislative, Statutory, Bargaining Council and Employee Benefit compliance.
- Payroll Processing and checking prior to finalization ensuring accuracy of Statutory and Benefit contributions and deductions. Payroll Administrator backup.
- Resolution of all Operations, Client and Associate Payroll queries.
- Manage Legal and Financial Risk through maintaining current Associate Status Payroll records including timeous Termination processing plus all related leave pay, withdrawal documentation, etc.
- Payroll Finalization, Balancing, Reporting and FIHRST Net Earnings payments.
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting; Checking and authorizing Month End 3rd Party Recons and Payments.
- Clear understanding of, and participation in, Inter-Departmental Processes
- Personal accountability for ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Build and support teamwork relationships with Operations, Clients and Payroll department thereby contributing towards quality service delivery.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Full Function Payroll Processing and Record Keeping
- Compliance with Company Procedures, Policies & Legislation
- 3rd Party Reconciliations & Payments
- Meeting Deadlines
- Inter-Departmental Teamwork