CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
To facilitate the learning process in Financial Accounting / Corporate Financial Reporting for undergraduate and postgraduate students, the majority of whom intend to qualify as Chartered Accountants (SA).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Facilitate the learning process in Financial Accounting / Corporate Financial Reporting (by taking responsibility for course material, lectures, tutorials and setting and moderating assessments) for undergraduate and postgraduate students, the majority of whom intend to qualify as Chartered Accountants (SA) – both day and evening groups.
- Undertake research and scholarly activities.
- Engage with professional bodies and other stakeholders.
- Perform related administrative duties.
- Sound knowledge in the theory and application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), recent trends and developments in the field, evidenced, among others, by a sound record of accomplishment of academic performance in the subject area.
- Experience in facilitating learning for undergraduate and/or postgraduate students intending to qualify as Chartered Accountants (SA).
- Potential to contribute to the creation of knowledge in research and publication.
- Relevant knowledge of research methodologies in the field of Financial Reporting/ Corporate Financial Reporting or be engaged in research and scholarly activities.
- The innate desire to deliver work of an excellent standard.
- Very strong communication (written / verbal) skills.
- Initiative and the motivation to work without needing extensive supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong administrative skills.
Added advantages and preferences:
- Experience in the facilitation and management of large diverse student groups;
- Experience in blended learning practices;
- Experience and a thorough understanding of trending technologies including data and/or accounting analytics;
- Involvement in professional activities or with professional bodies and other stakeholders.
In order to be considered for this post, candidates must:
- Be a Chartered Accountant (South Africa) (or should have passed the professional examinations and be in the final year of obtaining the designation);
- Be in possession of an honours degree or equivalent NQF level 8 qualification specialising in Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting *; and
- Have at least 3 years relevant or related working experience in Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting and/or at least 3 years experience in the facilitation of learning in undergraduate and/or postgraduate Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting courses.
As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates may be required to prepare and present a simulated lecture or technical report to a screening panel.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION e.g. contact person and telephone number, e-mail; etc. CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Contact person: Prof A Singleton Tel: 041 504 2904 E-mail: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be required to commence duties on 1 January 2023 or as soon as possible.
No applicant would be allowed to apply and/or would be accepted after the closing date (24 June 2022).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION e.g. contact person and telephone number, e-mail; etc. must be displayed on CV.
Applications must be accompanied by a cover page on which applicants explain how they meet the requirements of the post
Nelson Mandela University
University Way Summerstrand
To be a dynamic African university, recognised for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
To offer a diverse range of quality educational opportunities that will make a critical and constructive contribution to regional, national and global sustainability.
Respect for diversity,Excellence,Ubuntu,Integrity,Respect for the natural environment,Taking responsibility