Receptionist x 2 vacancies are available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium's Donald Gordon Medical Centre in Parktown, Johannesburg - Gauteng.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide support and reception services to the hospital
- Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre - Parktown, Johannesburg
Key performance areas
- To answer the telephone immediately, screen and divert to appropriate individuals
- Take messages comprehensively and deliver them to the relevant person
- Ensure the reception area is always kept neat and tidy
- Sign in and issue visitors and contract workers with a visitor badge and signed out at the time of departure
- To accurately communicate hospital-related information to internal or external callers
- Complete and keep weekend, after-hour, and on-call lists up to date and personnel trunk calls over weekends are recorded
- Ensure Patient and doctor related services and general hospital information are updated and available
- Update and print patient alphabetical lists and distribute them to other front-line service departments
- Keep telephone lists or schedules up to date and complete with speed dials, telephone numbers and page numbers of doctors, staff, page-holders, and on-call personnel
- Provide assistance with office-related administrative tasks as the need arises
- Test all hospital alarm systems daily and monitor emergency door alarm
- Keep the alarm and emergency standby lists accurate and up to date
- Complete relevant logbook following an alarm
- Comply with emergency telephone protocol following an emergency call
- Follow hospital emergency procedures and keep all relevant parties are informed and coordinated according to policy and procedures
- Follow the admission process and administer as per policy and procedure
- Ensure relevant admission documents are obtained, processed (signed) and filed as per specifications
- Relevant financial information is provided to the patient
- Ensure patients are informed of relevant hospital policy (e.g. telephone usage, visiting hours)
- Relevant reports are utilized as per the Patient Administration System Manual
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
- Preferably a qualification in Office Administration, or similar
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Proficiency in English
- Telephone etiquette principles
- Computer literacy - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional style of communication, applicable to both external and internal clients
- Displays integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Works cooperatively with others to achieve team goals, dealing with differences constructively
- Carefully listens to others and clarifies understanding
- Able to plan and prioritize and be adaptable
Required minimum work experience
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 01 March 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.