Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team.
Purpose of the job:
The Enrolled Nurse is responsible for providing evidence-based nursing care for residents or clients in accordance with the care plan developed in collaboration with the resident or client, their medical officer, and other members of the health care team.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Prompt and professional answering of telephone.
- Handling of TriMed diary according to protocol.
- Greeting and assisting walk in members.
- Ensuring that the reception area is tidy, clean, and organised.
- Pulling the member folders and ensuring that all the filling is completed before the end of office hours.
- Confirmation of membership, benefits and that no waiting periods apply and edit it on PAS.
- Phone for authorisation requests together with all relevant information sent. Patients to get authorizations before going to specialist.
- Booking of specialist appointments, sending requests, follow-up and provide feedback to patients.
- Making arrangement for patients to be seen by other medical centres.
- Answering all general customer care queries as well as membership assistance.
- Escalating any queries to the centre manager (whichever is appropriate).
- Recording of customer care queries on PAS system.
- Capturing of stats on TriMed and IRP systems.
- Assists with stock taking.
- Managing TriMed diary effectively according to protocol.
- Health Risk Assessments and recording them on IRP for all the following patients: all new patients consulting at the centre for the first time and all walk-in patients according to the walk-in procedure.
- Communicating effectively with doctors with regards to all findings and referrals.
- Wound dressing.
- Conducting ECG and clinical diagnostic tests.
- Assisting doctors with in- room procedures.
- Cleaning of instruments.
- Monitoring and filing of blood results and ensuring appropriate follow up appointments.
- Assisting in health and lifestyle programmes.
- Injecting patients as per request from professional healthcare professional.
- Responsible for emergency trolley checking’s monthly and filling up.
- Only performing clinical functions within the scope of practice of an enrolled nurse.
- Assisting in FOC activities and helping in other centres when the need arises.
- Complying with protocols and procedures relating to waste disposal, medicines, emergency equipment, confidentiality and POPIA etc.
- Compliance with company rules when assisting members and providing primary care.
- Ensuring that qualifications and registrations with appropriate bodies and councils are up to date.
- Ensuring that all hygiene and infection control protocols are upheld.
- Reporting any inappropriate behaviour or misconduct to centre manager ensuring that all hygiene and infection control protocols are upheld and report to centre manager if not adhered to.
- Disease Management follow-ups – minimum of 66 per month (3 per day).
- Recording the activity and results on the IRP screen.
- Sending the spreadsheet with disease management activities to Centre Manager.
- Management of chronic and disease management patients.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Grade 12
- 2-year Enrolled Nursing Qualification
- Valid SANC registration
- Must be registered with the Health Professions Council South Africa (valid membership)
- BLS certificate advantageous
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Knowledge of primary health care
- Customer care skills
- Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and telephonic
- Strong administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills and diligence
- Punctuality and time consciousness
- Must be able to work under pressure and use own initiative