A Professional Nurse (NIMART: School-Based HIV and GBV Prevention Programme vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) in the Thabo Mofutsanyana District - Free State.
The Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
The main purpose of the job
- To initiate PrEP, manage SRHR client needs, screen for TB and NCDs, provide HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) and manage minor ailments in support of the achievement of School-Based HIV and Violence prevention programme targets
- To lead the community-level team in the implementation of the programme, and in quality improvement activities to ensure the quality of care for HIV/TB clients ( youth and adults) and AGYW
- Thabo Mofutsanyana District - Free State
Key performance areas
- Screen patients on HIV in all services provided at the mobile clinic
- Refer clients who test HIV positive to supporting partners or DOH for ART initiation after initial review
- Assess clients who come for services and facilitate up and down referrals if unable to provide on mobile
- Screen, diagnose and prescribe appropriate treatments for STI’s and minor ailments as per PHC guidelines
- Counsel, screen and Initiate PrEP according to DoH guidelines as per district target
- Review PrEP clients as per district targets and manage as per guidelines including side effects
- Ensure all relevant blood results are followed up within 3 working days and actioned within 24 hours if abnormal and require repeating or referral
- Support counsellors and linkage officers in adherence issues and loss to follow up patients
- Assist with SOP’s that will improve the running of the mobile clinic e.g. up -referral SOP
- Ensure universal health precautions are followed including maintaining the cleanliness of mobile van in keeping with COVID-19 protocols
- Work with the district manager, clinical mentor and other nurses to plan a tailored approach to meeting targets within the district
- Work with the DM, CM and other PN on QIP when targets are not being met
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of the programme work plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders in absence of district manager and clinical mentor
- Review challenges and achievements
- Track changes made that lead to improved outcome measures for targets
- Integrate feedback from quarterly reports into a programme, implementation plan and subsequent progress reports
Required minimum education & training
- Relevant Nursing Diploma or equivalent
Desirable additional education, work experience, & personal abilities
- Essential: Certification/experience in sexual and reproductive health (particularly contraception and STI management); and HIV prevention and management. Sound technical knowledge of PEP, PrEP, ARV, TB-HIV integration, treatment and care infectious diseases
- Desirable: Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures
- Experience working in a donor-funded organisation/NGO or project-based environment and desirable to have experience working with schools and institutions of higher learning
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in Public Health and Nimart certificate or at least 2 years managing ART clients and in the process of getting NIMART certificate
- Dispensing licence
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements & experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV. Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 23 September 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted c&idates.
- C&idates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals & plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 & subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.