Our client in the Manufacturing sector, based in Kariega/Uitenhage is currently looking to employ an experienced Plant Shift Coordinator.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- National Diploma or degree in Engineering or fully completed N4 with trade.
- Experience in a similar role.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Preferably experience in managing people.
- A minimum of 10 years maintenance experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic experience.
- Proficiency in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Managing the Safety of all engineering activities on shift. Primary contact for any engineering incidents taken place on-shift.
- Assume the people leader role to manage Artisans on shift to ensure maximum efficiency of available resources.
- Coordination of all engineering breakdowns on shift. Will be the first point of call for breakdowns on shift plant wide. Management of breakdown in terms of resource allocation, technical guidance, and support.
- Ensure that all artisan checklists are completed and executed to correct standard. Any deviation to standard should be escalated to the relevant specialists.
- Root Cause analyses to be initiated as per RCFA escalation process, responsible to ensure that all RCFA's raised on shift be completed within 48hours.
- Responsible for ensuring that sufficient resources are available on shift and to call out relief cover if required.
- Responsible for performing analysis on large job to determine which parts to be required and ensuring that parts are available from either internal or external sources.
- Responsible for the creation of emergency requisitions on shift for any parts not available in stores, as well as the follow up to ensure that quotes and signatures are received, and ER process is closed out within 48hours.
- Follow-up of unavailable spares identified by utilizing the YI process on SAP.
- Responsible for following breakdown escalation process and ensuring that all relevant personnel are notified of any major breakdown as well as start-up times.
- Responsible for ensuring that artisans perform pre-PM inspections for upcoming PM, and responsible for relaying information to respective PM planner.
- Artisan tool inspections.
- Responsible to ensuring that all machine downtime information is entered SAP downtime and that MII vs SAP downtime variance in not greater than 1% per shift. Responsible for ensuring that Time and Attendance data is input into the system on shift or the information is relayed to the respective Planner/specialist to correct.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.