Our client based in Port Elizabeth is looking to employ a Buyer.
- At least 3 years buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems (ie Fourth Shift), Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of transportation/importing of goods.
- Experience and knowledge in maintaining supplier contracts.
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Purchasing or Logistics (Degree) is compulsory.
- Computer literacy essential (Word, Excel, e-mail).
- Quality orientated with attention to detail and good professional experience.
- Good decision making and Organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and as an integral team member.
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Great interpersonal and negotiating skills, taking initiative and being proactive.
- Required to work overtime as and when required.
- Honesty and integrity and good communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Placing of duly authorized purchase orders for consumables, maintenance spares and raw materials, controlling all imported material for production.
- Arrange import transportation with freight forwarder to ensure goods arrive on-time in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Track and trace all incoming products for consumables and projects.
- Liase with suppliers ensuring optimum pricing and timeous delivery of goods.
- Investigate and develop alternative sources of supply & assist with cost saving drive.
- Supervise cyclical stock counts of consumables.
- Resolve queries and stock issues with suppliers and stores.
- Conduct pricing comparisons and Maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare monthly reports on price changes.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure cost savings.
- Maintain & update the database on daily requirements in terms of arrivals and pricing.
- Assist Purchasing/Financial manager with ad-hoc requirements such as month end stock take.
- Comply with BBBEE requirements in terms of supplier management-Promote local business.
- Evaluate price variations and modify accordingly.
- Process orders via MRP system.
- Good housekeeping.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.